Out of the dark shadows and into the light

Keywester
on 9/11/12 1:00 pm
VSG on 12/05/12
Hello!  I've been lurking and reading since I went to an informational meeting on June 4th.  I have been approved for surgery, I am just waiting until the scheduler calls to start setting up appointments.  I am excited but scared.  I have been pretty healthy - unless you discount the high blood pressure and cholesteral my entire life.  Only 1 broken bone and never have had surgery.  Stitches, yes, surgery no.  I have a great group of support people and my sister who is an RN is coming out to spend the first week after surgery with me.

I want to have my surgery between Thanksgiving and Christmas because I would get an extra week to recover at home before returning to work.  I do have a fairly easy job, I sit at a desk all day.

I am 52 years old, 2 adult sons.  I have been obese for most of my adult life ~ especially after having my kids.  My husband moved out in February, but we are not divorced yet.  After spending the last 20 years doing and trying to make him happy, I have been in counseling and am starting on a new phase of my life.  I want to regain the healthy happy person I was.
Thanks for reading..

Laura
MuttLover
on 9/11/12 1:07 pm
VSG on 11/14/12
Welcome!  I'm in my 50s as well, and hope to have my surgery about the same time!  Most of my testing is done and the last one will be done on Oct. 8 -- so I'm hopeful.

Congrats on starting this new phase of your life -- best of luck and I look forward to making the journey with you!
kristen D.
on 9/11/12 2:11 pm - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12
congrats on this new start to you life!! Best of luck!

reneemosley
on 9/11/12 4:17 pm - WA
VSG on 05/21/12
This surgery was by far easier than I anticipated. I am 44.

Way to take care of your own needs!

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

TSinNC
on 9/11/12 5:02 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Welcome!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

ShapeShifting
on 9/11/12 6:23 pm - FL
Happy new beginning! It takes great courage to dive deep and create a better reality. Here's to YOU!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views