Slow looser but learning as I go.

msharp
on 9/15/12 5:12 am, edited 9/15/12 5:15 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12
So I  went  for my 6 month check up.  My gosh  I  knew  I lost  some  weight. (of  course not as  fast  as  I  want to  or  as  much )  But  it  is  coming off  slowly.  When  I  saw  before  pic  I  could  really  see  the  60 plus lbs.  Did not  really  hit  me  that  much  until  then.  I  still have  long  way  to  go  and  it  is  slow  for me.  But  doctor  told me  increase  cals.  I  was  stay  at  800  to 1000.  Now  wants  me  to  1200  and   1300  on  days  I  go  to  gym.  This  for me  has been  a  learning  process.  The  sleeve  has  helped  but  also  learning  to  eat  slowly  has  been  a  major  issue  for me.  LOL   It's  all that  learning  process.  So  what  are  so  tricks and  or  lessons  others  have learned along the  way.  For  me  I  am  learning  as  I  go alot of  food  is  starting  to  give  me  alot  of  tummy  gas,  and  cramps.  Doctor  said  slow  down  eating.  and  no  beef,  or  dairy

Mary

cajunlady1958
on 9/15/12 5:59 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I had a hard time slowing down too. I tried putting my fork down between bites but that didn't work and one night I tried chop sticks. It not only slowed me down I also took smaller bites.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Emilyr0011
on 9/15/12 7:15 am
You're so right, it is a learning process and it continues to be every single day even after hitting goal. So many things will change over time, I think living with VSG will always be a learning process.

I'm so happy for your weight loss but sorry about your tummy issues - ack, I don't know what I'd do without beef and dairy!

Keep up the awesome work!

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views