how many ounces can you eat?

cloveparis
on 9/21/12 10:34 am - covington, GA
im 18 mos post op i was just wonding how much everyone is eating this far out? are you still losing weight? soedays im able to ea as much as 8 oz is that too much? i try to keep it at 6 oz
newme2011-2012
on 9/21/12 10:37 am
I can eat 4oz. ButI try to keep it around 3oz. so I can have some veggies.
That is dense protien. If it is yogurt or something like that I can eat more.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

INgirl
on 9/21/12 3:42 am, edited 9/21/12 3:43 am
If I do something like chicken alone- 2.5oz max, if I'm having veggies and stuff, solids.. about 2oz meat, and 1/8C veggie.. so maybe 3.5 oz by volume.. Veggies plus meat seems to go down easier than just meat alone, so I can use that whichever way I want..

I was sleeved a couple months after you, and am still losing after upping cals- need to up them more. I started in with a heavy weight workout and I think it stoked my metabolism up, a lot. I'm down to about where I want to really stop now.
Shagdoll
on 9/21/12 10:52 am
How many ounces can I eat or should eat?
Just sayin' since I can eat as much as 4 ounces of dense protein if that is all I am eating but I keep it closer to 2.5 ounces so I can at least get in a few bites of veggies. Whenever I can, I measure my protein so I can make sure I eat enough to feel satisfied but not overly full.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

edelu
on 9/21/12 11:08 am - los angeles, CA
I'm 13 months out and it seems in the past couple of months my capacity has gone down.  At6 months i was able to eat a small chicken thigh.  Now about half of that but i do insist on a slice of some veggie every meal.  If it's wet i can do more.  But 1/2 a chicken sausage, 2 small meatballs.  Yeah it's definitely gone down.  I'm pretty sure this too shall pass. I can however eat 6oz of yogurt (1 carton) with some berries.
LeighAnne89
on 9/21/12 12:08 pm - KY
 I have been able to eat 6 oz of yogurt since I started my full liquids and I am almost 2 months out. looking at this I am starting to wonder if I am able to eat too much, I still have a hard time with meats but I can do cooked veggies just fine. When I do eat meat which is usually once a day it is only a bite or 2 and then I am done unless it is made in the crock pot and very very soft in which case I can do 3 or 4 bites. Dose anyone find that odd? I am not sure if it is a good or bad thing.

alisvolatpropris
on 9/21/12 6:11 am, edited 9/21/12 6:11 am
I'm certainly not a vet and look forward to hearing what they have to say, but on this issue I've found it best to stop comparing myself to other folks on this board. I am following the same diet (600 cals, less than 40 carbs... right now obviously less because I can't eat as much), but I can eat more than most others at this stage. My first day on soft foods I could eat an entire egg no problem -- I see people months out who can still only eat half of one! It started driving me crazy until I realized that we're all built a bit differently and to just follow the diet. And obviously measure so we don't overeat!
alisvolatpropris
on 9/21/12 1:13 pm
 And in regards to the chicken -- probably still have to adjust or something :)
LeighAnne89
on 9/22/12 10:58 am - KY
 That's for the great advice. I am the worlds worst to always compare myself and my progress to others and how they have done with it. My husband works with a woman that had the bypass done 6 months ago and has lost 60 lbs so I guess almost 50 lbs in 2 months is not bad.

stephintexas
on 9/21/12 6:51 pm
I can eat 8 ozs. Depending on how dense it is. I have a large volume stomach, fo sho.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 434 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views