Hair Loss

mkiyoko2008
on 9/22/12 9:02 pm - TX
VSG on 10/03/12
Does everyone experience hair loss??
Evymetalmommy
on 9/22/12 9:06 pm - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I'm not sure that EVERYONE experiences it but I know it's very common.   I have lost soo much hair it's unreal BUT it's growing back.  I can see the new growth.  I've considered getting a wig lately.  
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

stephintexas
on 9/22/12 9:15 pm
A lot yes, probably the majority.

I lost a ton. I now have regrowth. You can see it blowing around at my hair part like a baby chicken. LOL I have little tufts of regrowth all over my head. It comes back. It's not as traumatic after you just accept it.

lanunes
on 9/22/12 9:34 pm - CA
I lost a ton of hair too. I think most do. Between the stress of the surgery and the weight loss it is hard to avoid. I am over 1 year out and it's growing back........slowly, very slowly! Not much you can do aobut it but wait it out =)
      Leslie Nunes              
desertmom
on 9/23/12 12:14 am - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
I did from month 4.It seems to have slowed down a lot now just past 6 months.

mai7amad
on 9/23/12 6:15 am - United Arab Emirates
 hey desert mom , nice to have someone in the same region from OH.

msharp
on 9/23/12 3:34 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12
When I reached my 3rd month I  started  seeing  allot in  brush,  by  4Th  it  was  brushes  and  brushed  full  daily,  and  in  shower  by  had  fulls.  I  have  fine hair  but  allot.  thank  god.   I really  focused on protein.  and  I had  long  hair ,  I  went  and  had  all cut   down  to  a  bob.   It  was   right  around  6 months  that  is  stopped.   Believe  me  I  bet  lost  1/2  my  hair  was  scared.  That  is  why  cut  short.  figure  it  would  help  slow  it  down  and  it  did.   I  have  a  ton  of  new  growth and  it  has  all stopped  now.  For  me  was   only  side  effect  I  really had,  and  for  all the  weight  loss  I have  had  so  far,  and  how  much  better  I  feel.  I  would  of  done it  again  and  again.  Just  take  your  pills.  I  know  in  beginning hard  to  do,  that  is  where  I  think  failed  that  and  trying  to  get  enough  protein  in.  for  first  3  months  was  very hard  for me.  Good  luck

Mary

PrettyEyes_41
on 9/23/12 7:01 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I'm only 3 1/2 months out and just now seeing a little bit of loss. My doctor put me on 28mg zinc daily to help reduce hair loss. I had to stop taking it at my 3 month appt because my labs showed I was too high on it. My error was that I'd bought the 54mg tablets and didn't realize it. Try adding some zinc to your vitamin regimen. It can't hurt, just don't add too much like I did. It also helps promote healing.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

cherry jam m
on 9/23/12 8:10 am - Canada
I have lost loads of hair. But I have alot and its really thick so it doesnt really bother me. It will eventually stop. It does seem to have slowed down recently.
kanga003
on 9/24/12 7:08 am
pretty much the worst case scenario... I was in a wig for almost a year... but It is FINALLY growing back and I have a cute short cut. If you look at my profile you will see pictures...

Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 447 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views