Concerned with excess skin....

tara3103
on 10/1/12 9:25 am
VSG on 11/13/12
I don't have an exact surgery date, but after speaking to the doctor Friday, I know it will be within the next 30 days.  I'm waiting on confirmation of the date.  With that said...I obviously am having this surgery for health reasons and to be a better mother and wife.  I know that there will be changes in my physical appearance that will just be a bonus, but since I already have low self esteem, I'm afraid I'm going to look worse after the surgery than I do now as an overweight 31 year old.  The doctor said that my age will be a benefit and I already excercise so that will help as well...but I can't help but be worried I'm going to look worse.  I am 276 now and hope to lose at least 120-130 lbs.  The doctor thinks this is realistic for me, so my question is....does anyone have any before and after pics that are around my age and weight that I could see?  The surgeon seems to think I will have the most trouble with my arms, but I was more worried about the "2nd stomach" from having kids that is already saggy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
jen_vsg_4me
on 10/1/12 9:46 am - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13
I haven't had surgery yet, but I have looked through this entire board, and have watched a LOT of youtube videos. Most people who lose a lot of weight end up with some loose skin. What I have noticed is that they look pretty darn good in their clothes. You wouldn't even know they had loose skin! Some of them wear compression garments to hold it in a little. If it is really bad a lot of people have surgery to remove the skin. That is what I plan to do if it is bad. Some insurances will cover skin removal if it is causing repeated rashes or other health concerns. Mine will.

I hope this helps.
Pura Vida
on 10/1/12 1:15 pm - Costa Rica

Please click on my name and go over and see my pictures, we have the same stats and I was 32 when sleeved. I did decide to have a tummy tuck 2 months ago, because I have had 4 kids and there was no amount of sit ups in the world to tighten my stomach, I looked fine in clothes, but I wanted to look fine naked...hehehehe  But I am almost 4 years out and could have easily lived with my tummy mush.

Heather

Crabadams72
on 10/1/12 10:30 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I have pics in my profile as well.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views