14 month check-in

Jean B.
on 10/3/12 10:38 am, edited 10/2/12 11:00 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hiya. I have totally been MIA on this board but I just wanted to check in and post some pics. I've lost 155 pounds in 14 months and I definitely attribute a lot of my early success to the support of everyone here. (And also working my ass off...literally.) I work with my trainer 3x a week and feel happier and healthier than I did a year ago, though I am a little discouraged with my stall.

The thing I know I'm doing wrong is the eating. I'm not going nuts -- I do think my healthier habits have been ingrained in my mind -- but I have become lax over the past few months. I'm eating carbs (was low carb for the first like 8 months) and not saying no to a bite here and there of something I know isn't good for me. I'm hoping that maybe you guys will have a few words of wisdom to help me get back on the wagon and get off those last 50 pounds. (Besides "stop doing that!" I know. Hoping your stories will get that fire I had in me back for the final stretch.)

xo, Jean

Edited to add: I feel like I should mention some of my victories, the most excellent one being the fact that I ran a mile without stopping for the first time ever in my entire life. I cried after, it felt so good. What else? I have collarbones! I wear a size 18 now and can buy clothes in stores that aren't Lane Bryant. I can go shopping with my friends and not look at only purses! I flew to Europe this summer and didn't even freak out about being stuck in a tiny airplane seat for like 16 hours. I even sat in the exit row with the narrower seats and was fine! I am also feeling pretty good about having done all this with some major health stuff going on (I've been having gallbladder issues, and I've had walking pneumonia for months...I have a sneaking suspicion it could be mono instead.)

kelsan2525
on 10/3/12 10:50 am
You look fantastic!!  I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I'm just beginning this whole process myself.  You've done a wonderful job so far and I'm sure you'll find your path again soon.
Pobearsam7
on 10/3/12 11:01 am
 Wow u look great!!!

Kelly                

hollirrose
on 10/3/12 2:15 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
You look great!
pdxgirl418
on 10/3/12 2:23 pm - OR
 Congratulations!  You have done an awesome job and look fabulous!!!  Our stats are almost identical.  My heaviest weight was 435, SW was 411 and am also 5'11.  I'm 17 months out and have offically lost 220lbs.  Stalls are the worst!  Now that we are getting smaller, the stalls are more and more.  I just keep telling myself as long as I'm not gaining I'm happy.  I know there will be that morning I step on the scale and the number has gone down.  Also during stalls, I have noticed that my clothes continue to get bigger!!!  I too have started eating more carbs but thanks to a friends advise, I eat most of my carbs early in the day (mostly with breakfast & lunch) slowly fading them out to just protien as the day goes on.  Eating carbs early in the day will give you energy and then you have all day to burn them off!  

Sorry this is so long!  Keep up the good work!  You are doing an outstanding job!!!!

Tracci

Marioksig
on 10/3/12 5:20 pm - Santa Clara, CA
 Your doing great! 

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/12 11:12 pm - Colombia
VSG on 10/01/12
U look great! Congratulations
Debbie M.
on 10/4/12 1:07 am - Orient, OH
VSG on 01/30/13
 Congrats! You are doing an awesome job! 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"