Lisa Lampanelli on Dr. Oz...miss it?

Carmelita
on 10/3/12 11:55 pm, edited 10/3/12 11:57 pm - Four Corners, NM

I love Lisa Lampenelli , have seen virtually all her interviews post VSG  and there are ALOT! I even got into it with some ignorant asshole ChasRob a week ago...on CNN website who called her a fat lazy gluttonous pig that refused to exercise and took "the easy way out"  uggghhh!  

She's the VSG spokesperson of the millenium imo.... 

Anyway...Im not a huge fan of TV or Dr. Oz.  Maybe check out Dr. Oz website IF ya missed it...like I did   

Gotta check out the other segments highlighted/linked on the bottom of the videos to see complete show  Part 1 , Part 2 ,Is bari surgery right for you etc. 

She's fillin up her toolbox... good for her!! 

Dr. Oz   VSG segment Lisa Lampanelli 
RyanJS
on 10/4/12 12:06 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
Thanks for posting... I'm a Dr Oz and Lisa Lampanelli fan now

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

favrow812
on 10/4/12 12:48 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
I set it on my DVR and will watch it tonight. I already enjoy her stuff so I'm looking forward to seeing her on Dr. Oz!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

tlpldy
on 10/4/12 1:01 am
HA..she is funny! Thanks for the link!
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/12 2:23 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

I wtached it. It was pretty good. Dr. Oz explained the surgery "okay" and did a pretty good job asking Lisa about what it was like and everything. He said gastric surgery was the most underperformed surgery and I agree with him. Her husband looks good too!

akr9911
on 10/4/12 2:25 am
VSG on 06/20/13
I jus****ched 3 segments on Dr Oz's website. Really really good interview. It made me happy the way he talked about WLS, and the sleeve in general. It's not a cure-all but it's a great tool when you've tried everything else and not been successful long-term. I also appreciated the way he showed the schematic of the surgery and explained it to the audience, and how he walked through what they ate every day.

I have to tell you, my DH is thinking about doing exactly what Jimmy did... watch how it goes for her and then sign on a few months later. After watching what they eat, I am very much convinced that my DH is NOT ready for this surgery. Only he knows for sure but I'm telling you, it's hard for me to imagine him eating 1/2 a sandwich for lunch when he takes 3 plus snacks now. All this said, I'm focusing on me and my relationshipwith food, and he can focus on his own stuff. Hopefully.

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/4/12 3:13 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I found it interesting but was a bit underwhelmed by the daily food intake. A protein shake, two tablespoons of soup, two sandwich squares and a bite of sherbert? And I can't recall what was for dinner... And his, oatmeal (prescription??), half a sandwich, chilli...no protein shakes, no protein snacks, no vegetables. Bread??? I did not see 80 g of protein in any of their standard days of food. They did not stress hydration enough.

She also said that you have to take a lot of vitamins. Is that so? I thought a multi x 2, 1200 calcium citrate, some sublingual B12 and maybe iron. That's not a lot! Or is it? I know some folks take more but this is the standard package, right?

Last but not least, and I know this was not a comprehensive WLS show, but they could have mentioned that there are risks, it is major surgery, it sucks post op, and some folks do die.

I am delighted that the sleeve is getting good press through celeberty surgeries but it also worries me that it will appear as a new hollywood fad, another toy on the playground of the rich and famous. Another BMW or Ferrari in their garages...

IDK...maybe I am not getting it but the show kind of made me happy and worried at the same time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

OH2012
on 10/4/12 12:01 pm - OH
Thanks much for the link!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views