Will power don't let me down!

missyshy
on 10/4/12 2:04 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 So Thanksgiving is this weekend *deep breath* I am only now starting puréed foods like apple sauce and scrambled eggs....  So far I'm over the upset I can't eat phase, and I'm pretty much over cravings which is great, but can I admit I'm really sad I'll be missing out on turkey dinner :(. Also my moms birthday, and my birthday this month, oh and of course Halloween *yikes* 
Maybe a straight jacket so I can't graze? I'm beginning to panic! 
How do you cope through these times??? 

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/12 3:14 am
What helped the most during those first holidays is changing my mind set.  I went from the position of "this is happening to me" to the position of " I chose this and I will fight for it".  The change of perspective gave me the emotional energy to push through the tough stuff.  Holidays became the roadblocks that I needed to navigate to win my quest.  From that perspective, being a winner at this seemed much more important than eating the foods.  The small change in attitude and perspective changed the whole situation for me.  I hope you find what helps you get through the holidays. 

Also, another thing that helped me a great deal was planning my eating before each event and then rewarding myself (without food of course) after I lived my plan. 
Shagdoll
on 10/4/12 4:26 am
Wow, this is a tough time for you. Definitely put the straight jacket on if you need to. You are still very early out; you don't want to damage your sleeve, it's so not worth it right now.
On the bright side, you will eventually be able to eat some of these foods again. Try to stick to the high protein first; your sleeve will thank you. A lot of the foods that we are not really supposed to be eating can make us feel uncomfortable so take your time to re-introduce foods back into your diet.
I'm excited you are sleeved though, congrats to you!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views