Pancreatitis

C. Harvey
on 10/3/12 4:43 am, edited 5/3/17 12:06 pm
VSG on 01/11/12

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/12 6:33 am
VSG on 10/18/12
I don't have any knowledge in this, but I did want to stop by and show my support. Many blessings/prayers are going out for your cousin. I wish her a speedy recovery. God bless...
louisamay
on 10/3/12 7:51 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Oh, your poor cousin!

Is the pancreatitis and lodged stone connected to the sleeve or something totally coincidental?

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

ljbarbara
on 10/3/12 9:28 am, edited 10/3/12 9:29 am
I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin and the awful time she's having.  On July 27 of this year I had an attack of pancreatitis and it wasn't any fun.  I was in the hospital for a week and flooded with i.v. fluids and wasn't allowed anything by mouth.  Apparently that's the only treatment for pancreatitis.  I too had the blocked bile duct.  They went in and rooter rootered the bile duct and cleaned it all out.  I'm a little over 2 months out from the episode and while I'm much better, I still have some lingering symptoms.  With time they will go away.

I knew that people who have been sleeved are big candidates for gallstones.  I assumed that because I had my gallbladder removed 20 years ago that I didn't need to worry about it...then I found out one can still form stones in the bile duct. 

Another similarity between your cousin and I, is that I've had awful constipation issues since my sleeve surgery almost 4 years ago.  I've been impacted three times and had to go through the "removal process".  The only thing that gives me relief and keeps it from happening again is to take Miralax daily. 

I hope they are giving her something for pain and if she needs it, for nausea too.  They had me on morphiene every half hour...

I'll keep her in my prayers.  I have a good idea they will get it under control
and she'll begin to feel better in no time.

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views