My surgery experience

Brittany R.
on 10/4/12 3:44 am

I was sleeved on Tuesday October 2nd. I was expecting this to be the most horrible experience ever but to my surprise it hasn't been bad. When I woke up in recovery I had horrible back pain from the gas they use during surgery. Once I got a room I rested for 4 hours then I got up and started walking. At this point the gas subsided and the only pain was from the incisions. Which aren't painful unless I'm getting up or down. My body is still very weak and sore but this is to be expected after any major surgery. I have had a hard time stomaching cold water. It seems to give me stomach cramps so I'm sipping on broth or miso soup every chance I get. If you are stressing out over surgery don't over analyze it like I did. I was so nervous that I broke out in hives the whole week before. I just got home today and so far so good. Best advice is rest, sip and walk. My husband has been incredible throughout this whole experience. Before we got to the hospital I was as mean as a snake and he just kept his mouth closed and let me have my hissy fit and has been by my side every second of the way. Hope this gives a little relief to the pre op patients on here. Everyone is different but this isn't something you CANT do!

notoriousgrannyD
on 10/4/12 3:56 am
VSG on 10/16/12
thaks for the post!  I am scheduled for Oct 16th, so I will be 2 weeks behind you and I am getting a little anxious about how I will be before and after surgery.  My hubby is very tolerant (like yours) but I am going to apologize to him soon for what might be coming! lol  take care and keep posting.
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
kristen D.
on 10/4/12 3:58 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12
glad you're doing so well!!!

danixbanani
on 10/4/12 5:10 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with
Thanks for the post!  I'm going in next Friday, the 12th and I have been starting to feel very nervous.  My husband has been a rock especially since I keep telling him I'm so nervous lol.  I know I'll be ok but it's such a big change! 

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

hippychic0032
on 10/4/12 6:37 am
My surgery is the 18th.  Excited and scared.  I've already started apologizing to my hubby.  He said as long as you're getting healthy I can take it. 

I'm really hoping for a smooth recovery.  Sounds like yours has been great.  Good luck and congrats.   Kiss your husband.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 352 views