HOW IS YOUR OLD STOMACH REMOVED

Cherdra
on 10/4/12 1:41 pm - Pickering, Canada
I know this a stupid question but when you have a larascopic sleeve done,what is done with the remainder of the stomach that was removed?
cece58
on 10/4/12 1:46 pm - CA
 It first goes to pathology for examination then is disposed of as hopsital waste.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Cherdra
on 10/4/12 2:11 pm - Pickering, Canada
I must have worded the question wrong. I was wondering how it was removed from your body, not was was done with it when disposed.

Thanks anyway,
Cheryl
hollykim
on 10/4/12 1:50 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
the excised stomach is covered with a sterile bag while still in your body and then pulled out thru one of the ports.

Cherdra
on 10/4/12 2:09 pm - Pickering, Canada
Thank you so much, I guess I worded it wrong. Everyone else thought I wonderdered how it was disposed of!!

Cheryl
Ernie G.
on 10/4/12 2:15 pm - Canada
 Do a search on you tube it has the actual surgery if you want to see how it's remove pretty amazing what can be done 
tlpldy
on 10/4/12 11:18 pm
yeah, i watched a surgery on youtube also.  its kinda creepy, but if you have a strong stomach, it is interesting to know exactly what they are going to be doing in there, and not in cartoon form! 

In the video I watched, it was pulled out throught on of the tubes they use for the laproscopic equipment. 
Wildcat-NYC
on 10/5/12 3:21 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Here's a link to a video of the surgery being performed.  It is really interesting!

http://www.lapsf.com/live-sleeve-gastrectomy-surgery/

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
melbee
on 10/5/12 8:51 am
VSG on 10/17/12
wouldn't it be cool if they offered it up back to you in a jar floatng in formaldehyde? Muwahhh!!!!! **Rubbing hands together and laughing evil-like*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
HW 251    SW 236    CW 191    GW: 145 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views