One week post op

lisa agathangelou
on 10/4/12 8:04 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
 I have to say... I have no regrets!

i am one week post op and I've lost 10 pounds since surgery. I have so much confidence in myself that I know I can be successful. Although... I am very tired and I can not eat that much food ( not. Bad thing) but I feel like if I can get in the required food for my plan I would be less tired..

any suggestions to planning it out for the day?

sleevegirl
on 10/4/12 8:08 am - Austin, TX
I took 2-4 naps per day for the first two months. I was TIRED. I think most people are. Just do what you can. You're healing, at one week there's not really any food going on anyway, so just be kind to yourself and allow yourself to heal. Rest, drink and rest some more.

xoxo

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

lisa agathangelou
on 10/4/12 8:51 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
 I'm mainly worried about when I go back to work... I'm a server and that takes a lot out of you!
RedStar98
on 10/4/12 8:26 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
food?   you're allowed to eat food already?  I was discharged this morning (surgery 10/2), and my surgeon wants me to stay on the liquid diet 2-4 weeks post-op.  She talked about research they have been involved in, and preventing leaks, so staying on liquid longer helps that I guess. 
What I am finding strange is, I got weighed at the hospital, and I weighed myself tonight and I'm 5 lbs heavier than I was before surgery!  WTH!  :)

dianne220
on 10/4/12 8:47 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12
 I had the same date as you. I am up 9 pounds from surgery from the fluids and stress.  I can have pudding and cream of wheat tomorrow.  Kinda like food, lol.
RedStar98
on 10/5/12 12:43 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
wow.. pudding and cream of wheat?  still liquid for me, for 2-4 weeks.  How are you feeling over all?  I'm surprised at how well I'm feeling, not tired, not sore, I felt worse when I had my gall bladder out, 2 years ago!  Maybe the hospital stay makes a difference, not sure. but I'm back to work this comig Wednesday, and I'm about to head out for a walk on thei beautiful New England day!
lisa agathangelou
on 10/4/12 8:50 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
 Weighing more could be due to the fluids they give you at the hospital after surgery!

im not really eating food on stage 2 I can have yogurt, rice pudding, cream of wheat, v8 juice, decaf coffee, fudge pops, cream of tomato soup and all liquids from phase 1.
jennydemerice
on 10/4/12 1:05 pm - Gonzales, LA
My sleeve was done on 9/25 and I am still really tired.  I feel though that when I make sure to drink my Protein drink it is better...and I am still on leave from work so I gave in adn took an all day nap yesterday...I figure my body is still healing.
Jenn

katwoman1214
on 10/5/12 1:50 am - GA
My sleeve was on 9/25 as well and I also still feel tired quite a bit. But it will pass. I saw my doc yesterday and he said that was normal. we are still recovring, but we will get past this tired feeling eventually. I work in the OR. Major surgery takes a lot out of you for a while. Pluse we are adjusting to not having the amount of calories that our bodies are use to. But, we will adjust.. We are going to rock that sleeve!

Kat

Sheryl G.
on 10/5/12 2:00 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12
I had surgery 9/17 and I am still tired too! I wish I had seen Sleevegirl's post about taking a few naps per day up to 2 months out because then I wouldn't be beating myself up so much for taking my little siestas here and there (makes me feel like a whimp). I'm now waiting to see if I can get one more week off on short-term disability. My doc says should not be a problem, but I won't believe it until I see it. Either way, I am not going back to wor****il 10/15.

So far, I have no hunger at all. I am on soft phase but prefer protein drinks. Still sore abdomen.

The day after surgery, my surgeon came to my room and said, "do yourself a favor and don't get on your scale for at least 1 week because you are going to freak out that it will show you have gained. Don't worry, that is just all the fluids we have been pumping in you." Well, I guess I'm like a kid who is told not to do something because .... I got on the scale the day after discharge. And of course it showed I had gained (about 5 lbs). I just laughed out loud! I was glad he warned me.

Wishing all of us the best success!!

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views