Help!

skinnytra77
on 10/9/12 2:39 am

Does anyone have any advice how to jump start weight loss again?  For the past 6 weeks I have been fluctuating between 212 and 214 pounds.   It's getting so frustating.  I know stalls happen, but I am exercising like I usually do.  I even threw in an Aerobics class into the mix thinking that might start it up again. 

moonglo82
on 10/9/12 2:41 am
VSG on 03/29/12
If the exercise hasn't changed, what about your diet?  How many calories are you getting a day?  Protein?  Carbs?  Are you still making sure to get enough fluid?  Are you tracking your meals to make sure you're not letting extra calories wiggle their way in through munching throughout the day?

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

skinnytra77
on 10/9/12 2:45 am
To tell you the truth I never really track my food.  Maybe I need to start doing that to see what I am actually taking in.   I am also finding myself more hungry lately that I have been in a long time.  I have been drinking more water then I usually do thinking that might help drop a few pounds too, but no such luck.   Last time i went to the Dr my doctor said I really don't have to have protein shakes anymore because I eat enough protein, But come to think of it  since I have stopped drinking them is basically when i stopped losing. 
moonglo82
on 10/9/12 2:52 am
VSG on 03/29/12
As long as you are eating enough protein to not need the shakes, I agree with your dr... but if you're going to cut out shakes, tracking becomes even more important because you need to know exactly how much protein you're getting in, as well as carbs and fat.  If you're finding that you're more hungry lately, IMO that could be a sign that you're not getting enough dense protein, because the dense protein is what keeps us full longer.  Also sounds like you might be squeezing in a few more carbs, which in my experience can cause more cravings and feelings of hunger (even false feelings of hunger that feel very real). 

Disclaimer:  I'm not pushing a low-carb plan on you here.  All I'm saying is that certain foods can make us feel hungrier instead of more full.  I would take a good hard look at what you're eating and how often... I  have to eat at least 15 grams of protein every 3 hours or so, or I feel hungry.  Just my experience.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

skinnytra77
on 10/9/12 2:58 am
Thank you so much for your input.   I will start tracking right away and I am sure it will move the scale.  I am going to try protein shakes again too for a little bit to see if that helps.     I really appreciate your help
skinnytra77
on 10/9/12 11:28 pm
I just wanted to thank you...  Just your advise yesterday and tracking everything for the one day.  Jump started me and as of this morning I am down 90 pounds! 
moonglo82
on 10/10/12 12:20 am
VSG on 03/29/12
That's great! Keep up the great work

Shagdoll
on 10/9/12 2:44 am
Moonglo82 pretty much has is right.  Usually we just need to up the exercise, protein, & water while cutting some calories to get the scale to move again.
;-)

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views