I found a belt I loved pre-op and during weight loss

LaughingCow
on 10/9/12 4:37 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I don't think I ever mentioned it here, but honestly it's worth a mention.  I found them on Amazon, but you probably could find the elsewhere.  I never found them in any stores.

Anyway, it's a braided elastic belt.  I got the smallest size that would fit me pre-op.  Since it had stretch in it, it didn't cut into my gut when I sat down and my jiggly parts spread.  And then when I was able to tolerate a belt after surgery, the stretch made it more tolerable.  And then b/c it was a braided belt, I was able to wear it much longer than I would have a belt with holes. 

It's ugly, but since my shirts covered it, I didn't really care.

Here's a link to one, but if you search "braided elastic belt" on amazon, you'll find all kinds of sizes and colors and they have them for both men and women.

http://www.amazon.com/Navy-Braided-Elastic-Stretch-Medium/dp /B002QR9GB4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1349807677&sr=8-4&keyword s=braided+elastic+belt
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
moonglo82
on 10/9/12 4:40 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I had to get something similar... but mine is leather and has a cut-out design of hearts and circles that goes all the way around the belt instead of just having holes on the first part.  I got it at Khol's on sale for something like $15, and it's reversible... brown on one side, black on the other... so I can wear it with virtually anything :)  Definitely a great investment!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Marioksig
on 10/9/12 6:15 am - Santa Clara, CA
I find joy in buying new (smaller) belts! LOL 

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views