2 years ago...

michellemj
on 10/10/12 2:13 am, edited 10/10/12 3:55 am
Well, it's hard to believe, but it's been 2 years since my VSG. and what I difference those 2 years make.

I made it to my arbitrary goal of 150lbs in about 10months. and have pretty much maintained there since (though I'm probably up 5ish lbs but I haven't been on a scale in a couple of months). Ideally, I'd like to be at a 25BMI, but for my height, I'd need to lose another 20lbs and I'm not certain how likely that is. Plastics are also in my future at some point as I really need (would like?) a breast lift and tummy tuck. The saggy skin really does bother me if I focus on it.

The differences in my life are so numerous but I think the biggest and most important is confidence and learning how to stand up for myself. When I was overweight, I used to think and believe I didn't matter. and while I still struggle with low self esteem, I'm a lot better than I used to be.

Food will always be an issue, esp. evil carbs, but fortunately, my VSG allows me to eat very little of these items if I make a less than optimal choice. I do tend to get RH from huge amounts of carbs (esp. breads) so that also helps with behavior modification as well.

There's several before pics in my profile, but here's the obligatory after pants pic. I found these jeans when I was packing. It's the only clothing I saved from my fat days and I could stand in one leg (I believe these are a size 4 or 5 jean from Lane Bryant..and I now wear a 6 or 8 in Gap/Banana Republic/J Crew...). It isn't a great quality pic (and I look like heck as I was packing...) but it's still pretty amazing so I'm sharing it anyways. Even the dog is wondering what's up!

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/michellemj3/pants.jpg

I don't post much anymore, but I do lurk here. If any of you are wondering if the surgery is worth it, I'm telling you it is! Do it!

(ETA: Sorry about the photo issue. The link works in my cross postings, but apparently it isn't working here. I've added it to my profile photos if you'd like to see.)

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

Faye56
on 10/10/12 2:24 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Michelle, I could not get your photo to open. Error page!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

LadyPol
on 10/10/12 2:39 am, edited 10/10/12 2:39 am
VSG on 02/25/13
 I couldn't get to the photo, either ... got an error!  Bummer, because I really wanted to see!  Being on the beginning of the journey, it is so nice to hear from others who are so far out.... Congrats!
notoriousgrannyD
on 10/10/12 2:48 am
VSG on 10/16/12
I love reading the success stories from the vets, my surgery is in 6 days and am holding tight to these reinforcing posts.  Congrats on all your accomplishments!
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th