My Boyfriend said "holy Sh**"

lisa agathangelou
on 10/10/12 11:54 pm - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12

I'm two weeks post op and Ive lost 13 pounds since my surgery! I didnt see him for two days and I guess he really noticed it yesterday.. I was smiling from ear to ear :)

Vivian Prouty
on 10/10/12 11:59 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Congrats !!!!   That has to make you feel wonderful.   Just wait till you loose lots more.   No telling what will come out of his mouth then.   LOL   Congrats on your 13 lb. loss.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

lisa agathangelou
on 10/11/12 12:20 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
I can't wait to hear all the good things! Im smiling from ear to ear already and its only been two weeks!

louisamay
on 10/11/12 12:13 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Isn't that wonderful!  I know just how you feel, and it feels GREAT!

We don't see the small changes sometimes that others do.  I'm further along on my weight loss adventure than you are.  Just a couple of days ago I was wandering through the house in my underwear, looking for the only pair of blue jeans that really fit.  (In the clothes dryer?  On the sofa with the clothes waiting to be folded and put away? Please, don't let them still be dirty!)

My husband said, "The skin in your thighs is tightening up."

I looked at him.  "ARe you sure?"

He gave me A Look and said, "Yes, I'm sure. It's tightening up. It's not as loose as it was."

Dance!

Brace yourself. Your fun has just begun!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

lisa agathangelou
on 10/11/12 12:19 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
That skin is just what I'm worried about! But knowing that the men in our life notice these things makes us feel amazing!

Great Job Also!

BTW? Are you doing an exercise routine to help the skin tighten?

louisamay
on 10/11/12 12:25 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I'm not on any kind of exercise routine at all.  I am such a sloth.  I have been walking more in recent weeks, but that is it.  My job has me sitting most of the day.

I was excited about using my Wii Fit again because that's the best exercise program I have--and one I will really use.  But when our house was under construction the Wii control got packed in a box and I haven't found it again.  I am also not sure where the step/platform is.  If I don't uncover them soon I may have to break down and buy it again!

I do not recommend doing what I am doing--which means, not much of anything but calorie control and protein intake.  If you work out you will lose faster and look better. No doubt about it.

As for the skin itself--that is a tough one.  I've seen before and after pics of people who lost far more than I have who look GREAT.  There is no exercise for skin elasticity.  That depends on genetics, age, etc.  Or so I've read.  So just work on the muscle tone and weight loss and deal with skin later.

However a lot of people have said that during the year after their weight loss their skin continued to tighten and their bodies continued to shape up, so be sure you give it time, too!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

lisa agathangelou
on 10/12/12 4:22 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
Thank you for the info! I have an elliptical but I think Its too soon to use it. I should ask my dr!

Shagdoll
on 10/11/12 12:39 am
Dang, I wish I noticed a difference when I lost 13 pounds right after surgery.  Heck, it was 35 pounds later before I went down a size.
You rock gurl, congrats!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

lisa agathangelou
on 10/12/12 4:22 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
Thank you :)

TSinNC
on 10/11/12 4:46 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Yay! Congrats!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views