Six month Surgiversary ;0)

Celie
on 10/10/12 6:26 pm - CA
 Well, I've survived the first six months after being sleeved!! Yay crowd in head cheers.  According to doc I'm far from where I should be weight wise.  I've lost about 50 pounds (half of my total goal), and the number is going down very slowly.  However, My clothing continues to get more and more loose.  
Until the last few weeks, my journey has been thankfully uneventful.  About 4 weeks ago I started having muscle spasms in my lower abdomen, that went to cramping, then back to constant strong spasms.  Went to get checked out at the ER and they said I was fine, go check w my doc.  

Top of stomach is now swollen and uncomfortable.  Docs put me back to the beginning on a liquid diet.... Yeah, I'm not really loving life right now ;0)

Let me just say I am just a tad bit envious of you lucky ones that don't or didn't feel hunger for the first several months after being sleeved.  I felt hunger about 5 - 6 weeks in.  Not mental, although I'm sure that's there too, but loud growling tummy yelling at me hunger.  I've been told to eat smaller meals more often, this just helps me to get hungry.  

I don't know exactly what's going on.  I haven't spoken directly to my doc, only his assistant who is very good at jumping to her own conclusions.  So I'm kinda on my own unless it gets worse. 

Have any of you experienced strong spasms in your lower abdomen months after?  I've ruled out dehydration already, beyond that I'm out of ideas.  They aren't painful, just annoying at this point.  

Ending on a happy note...  Six months later and I know this is the best thing I've ever done for myself.  I've never been in single digit clothes during my adult life and now I'm almost to an 8 in pants.  This in itself blows me away.  Still waiting for that image in the mirror to catch up to what my clothing tags say, but hey, I'm a work in progress :0)

Trlme123
on 10/10/12 6:47 pm - Oswego, NY
 Good for you!  Keep going, you are on your way!

angieg0410
on 10/11/12 12:59 am - OK
Are you on Prilosec or another PPI?  I found that the days I didn't take mine, I felt hungry.  Hunger and acid feel the same.  If the acid is under control, I don't have the hunger. 

Shame on your Dr for telling you that you aren't where you should be weight wise.  He should know everyone loses at different rates.  You are doing fine - 50 lbs in 6 months is great!  That is a healthy loss in a healthy amount of time. 

Congratulations on your success so far!!

~Angie~

Starting weight: 267
Goal weight: 140

Celie
on 10/11/12 1:59 pm - CA
 I take Protonix for heartburn/reflux.  I would guess that would also deal with the acid issue, but not sure.  When I attempted to ask the assistant why I am so hungry alllllll the time, her reply was "Some people just have the need to eat constantly".  While stating this she made the hand to mouth eating mothions.  I guess insinuating that its mental...  : 0/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 443 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views