THAT TIME OF THE MONTH@@@@@@@@

Cherdra
on 10/11/12 5:26 pm - Pickering, Canada
It is going to be the starting of "that time of the month" when I have my surgery November 13th. It is usually already very heavy. Has this happened to anyone else, and I know we are also on blood thinners so this should make it that much worse? Will the nurses help you with hygiene issues etc. I am so embarressed. As I was told you could not wear anything in that area. I am so worried about this. How would I get up and walk etc. Any help is so needed!!!

Cheryl
Monica M.
on 10/11/12 8:39 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey Cheryl. This happened to me, and its happened to a lot of people. Even those who weren't expecting their period to be then. Rapid weight loss (because of the optifast) causes estrogen to be released from the fat, where it is stored. that causes wonky cycles. Expect some changes in your menstrual cycle after surgery too.

the nursing staff at the hospital are very professional and discreet. They'll give you some lovely mesh panties to wear during surgery, and a pad, and will change it all before you wake up. Try not to worry, they deal with this all the time.

Cherdra
on 10/12/12 12:26 am - Pickering, Canada
Thanks Monica, I have been so worried about this!!!

Take care,
Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views