3 month post op

Marena G.
on 10/21/12 9:54 pm - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

It's been a slow process, but it is happening.  I was so afraid that I was not losing fast enough like everyone else or that I was eating too much or too little; but in these last three months I have been in a brand new relationship with myself.  I probably have never done this in my life.  I have been taking care of me.  I have been trying to keep up with my protein intake and keeping down my calories with no problem until these last two weeks.  I can't take muscle milk anymore.  I get nauseated thinking about it.  I tried protein powder and putting it in the blender and the same thing happens.  I get full so fast when I eat my meals so I am working on getting the most protein in with them as possible.  I exercise 6 days a week and I love.  I do zumba three times a week, swimming three times a week and 30 minutes of bike or elliptical 6 days a week.  I was upset at first because I felt I should be losing more and faster but I rather the pace I am going now.  My lupus and the medications do slow the weight loss somewhat but its okay, because it is happening. 

For the first time in my life I feel content, satisfied and happy in the direction is going. 

TSinNC
on 10/21/12 10:10 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Wonderful!!! Congrats to you!!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Sleeva
on 10/22/12 2:02 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Congratulations!!
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

tracey6692
on 10/22/12 5:52 am
VSG on 08/02/12
Good for you!  I too am a slow looser.  I get what you mean about a relationship with yourself!

Living4Ever
on 10/22/12 7:50 am
VSG on 02/17/12
Congrats- The beauty about the sleeve is that it serves as a tool in helping you reach your goal in a healthy way. Now I can eat a normal portion where as before I use to say, "That portion can fill me up and can I get two servings please."
Change starts with a thought. Light & Blessings

Marena G.
on 10/22/12 7:57 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12
I know, it is crazy how different I look at food now.  The feeling that I like most is that my body feels clean and although I still have 80 lbs to go I feel much lighter

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views