6 months - 119 down

JoyeuxNoel
on 10/22/12 5:04 pm

Hiya peeps!

Thought I should check-in...just crossed 6 month mark on the 19th of this month and have losr 119 as of today.

Started pre-op diet at 355, surgery at 340 and 236 this morning.

Not much to report. Life is kinda boring as far as the weight loss thing. Just sticking to plan and putting one foot in front of the other.

Been kinda "checked-out" about everything to be honest. I'm too lazy or bored or...dunno...to get creative with my food choices, so I basically do the same thing everyday: two protien coffees, cheese stick, greek yogurt and then 3oz or so of lean meat (like turkey) for dinner.

BORING.

Think I'm in the no-appetite phase. Just no desire to eat. Takes too much mental energy.

Kinda blue to be honest...I still have 81 lbs to go...kinda hard to be excited for the 119 I've lost when I still have so far to go.

I shouldn't complain. I actually have crossed a milestone...I went to a wedding on my surgiversary in a SIZE 16 dress! (4 inch peeptoe heels to boot!) and felt like the bell of the ball. Also, got a whole new wardrobe and have been getting a lot of compliments lately. The biggest one is probably from my mom who has always been kinda...um...to the point...when it comes to commenting on my weight. She's big herself and never wanted that for me, so she never held back when commenting on my size...she didn't want me to be one of those girls who left the house wearing something too short or too tight and get made fun of...so, kinda painful but I understand why she's always been blunt with me.

Anyway - she said I look "normal". Like, if someone would like at me, they wouldn't be thinking I was pretty for a heavy girl...just that I look pretty.

AWWWWWW!

But that's kinda dangerous too because I don't want to get too happy at 16...I want to be in a healthy BMI range and get to goal. 

So, hmmm. Yeah. Ramblings. Rant. Gush. Yadda, yadda.

Sidenote:

Cause I always wonder about peeps capacity at different stages...at 6 months I can eat three pieces of sushi in a sitting. Also, yesterday I had an "unwhich" from Jimmy Johns and could eat a little less than half...closer probably to a third. Soooo yummers. 

Love you guys.

Back to my lurcking.

"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now."      
desertmom
on 10/22/12 6:38 pm - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
No appetite would be such a blessing for me...lol

You are doing great and you must just keep doing it,it is obviously working very well.

I can understand the wanting to be thin rather than just thinner for now.at the moment I still look big.Must be taller than you at 5'8 as I am only now wearing a 16 and am 192.

Good luck and keep taking pics and I hope your appetite doesnt return before the 80 is gone.It sure must be easier than desiring stuff when you shouldnt be!

Great weight loss!

Scandrona
on 10/22/12 6:53 pm, edited 10/22/12 6:53 pm - Hollister, CA
VSG on 07/30/12
Congratulations on your success! It sounds like you are doing wonderful! I too have (already) gotten lazy about food and just keep eating the same things over and over because its easier.  Try to focus on how far you have come already.  Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll be to your goal weight before you know it!

"...If one advance confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." 
                                                                                                               --Henry David Thoreau
"Keep Going" --Sensei Jose Miguel Rosas

frisco
on 10/22/12 9:16 pm, edited 10/22/12 9:16 pm

Great numbers !!!!

Keep doin what your doin !!!!

It's working !!!! (Great!)

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Mom4Jazz
on 10/22/12 9:32 pm
Awesome progress!

I totally hear you about the 'hard to be excited about the loss when there's so far to go' bit, but I found it helped to set mini-goals and celebrate those rather than just focusing on the big goal.

You've got this. You're doing awesome.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

TSinNC
on 10/22/12 10:09 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 You are doing great! Congrats on your success so far and keep up the great work!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

jubjub
on 10/22/12 11:17 pm - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

Being bored is highly under-rated!  Keep doing the same thing with food that you've been doing and I bet you get the same results, which are fantastic!

I can eat the same thing every day for a week.  With the small quantities we can eat I think that's a blessing- I make a pound of ground beef taco meat at the beginning of the week and I'm done cooking for days... yogurt or protein coffee for breakfast, taco meat on a lettuce wrap for lunch and/or dinner and I don't need to think much.  Ride that wave as long as you can.

Celebrate your victories along the way - one way to mentally get around the "I have so far to go" is to set smaller milestones along the way. This is why you see so many people celebrating one-der-land, Century marks, etc.  Focus on a short-term goal that moves you in the right direction. The brain responds very well to those and not so well to the things that are a year away.

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

KELLY H.
on 10/22/12 11:48 pm - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 119 lbs in 6 months! I can only hope to have that rate of loss!!! 

I kind of felt guilty when I read about your mom.  I have three daughters.  One is thin,  one was a size 0 but she eats like a man and has gained 15 lbs in the last 6 months since she started working and buying her own food (she is 17 and I tell her she cannot eat like that and stay that size forever), and my middle daughter is getting very chubby.  I don't really know how to handle it because I know what it's like to live like this (200+ lbs for 15 years and 300+ for the last 5 years). I do not say anything to my chubby 10 year old because she is very sensitive and her sisters often say mean things and I get on to them.  I do say things to my 17 year old because she's also a diabetic so it's a whole huge mess with her eating. 

Ugh,  I don't let them eat endlessly. I don't buy soda.  I make splenda tea.  I cook at home every day. I am thinking of putting my 10 year old in cheer leading next year to maybe help?  I don't know. I feel like I am wrong if I say something and wrong if I don't!  

They know my struggle.  We have a very open dialog about it.  They know it's my biggest misery in life. 

Sorry to hijack the topic,  it just hit a nerve with me!

mcmanis
on 10/23/12 1:29 am - CA
VSG on 08/29/12
i totally do the same thing. I eat the same foods. I try to incorporate new food but i have fear of getting sick,

HW-300 SW-259.5 CW-175 GW-140
M1:24 M2:15 M3:14 M4:4 M5:12 M6:8 M7:7 M8:0 M9:0 M10:5

Lee ~
on 10/23/12 1:30 am - CA
Congrats on a great six months. Keep up the good work and you'll soon be at goal!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views