Help; I have gained 6 pounds in 6 days?????

Duchess249
on 10/23/12 1:16 pm - WA
Hi all,

I am just over 6 months out and have been doing very well. I have been consistently losing 10-15 pounds per month; until now.

Over the past week I have been going up by 1 pound per day and I don't know why. This makes me very sad and worried.

No I haven't been eating any more than usual so it isn't that.

Help!!!!!

Jenn

SuzyNZ
on 10/23/12 1:28 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
 Fluid retention maybe?   I retain fluid horribly and pop a fluid tablet every so often and pee about 63 times and not only does my puffiness go down, so does my weight again.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

doctorleelee
on 10/23/12 1:54 pm - Oakland, CA
VSG on 09/13/12
 You have the classic symptoms of too much salt in your diet, which causes the heart to stop functioning correctly, causing fluid retention. Not a safe thing to do.

texasrigdiver
on 10/23/12 1:57 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12
a pound is 3500 calories, so youd have to be eating closer to 4600 calories (taking BMR into account) to actually gain non liquid weight. it's easy to intellectualize it but seeing it on the scale really sucks pretty bad.

I suffer from wicked fluid retention. I will gain 8-12 pounds over the course of 2-3 days then it will take me 7 to 10 days to lose it all again, then I'm fine for 2-3 weeks sometimes longer. I'm on 2 different daily prescription diuretics. This has been going on for over 4 years for me now.

I wish I knew how to make it stop, I wish I could tell you how, I wish someone could tell both of us.

I hope I don't continue to have this problem after surgery it will be disapointing.

I'm pretty sure what your dealing with is liquid, remember,  "a pint's a pound the world around". A pint actually weight slightly more than a pound, and a pound is 16 oz. while a pint is 16 fluid ounces, so as a rule of thumb, one oz. of water = one once of dry weight.

Good luck, if you find out any more info let us know please.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

SuzyNZ
on 10/23/12 4:56 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
I can say that I have not been retaining nearly as much as I was before surgery. I definitely was straight after surgery as most people do, but I looked like the marshmallow man! Took 1 furosemide tablet about 5 days after surgery which really helped.

But in the last month I have only had to take a pill once. My ankle bones have stayed lovely and perfectly visible (normally the first thing that puffs up on me is my ankles and legs and all the bones disappear...lol) Prior to surgery, I was having to take a pill about every 4 days.

I definitely think it gets better as we get smaller!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Crabadams72
on 10/23/12 10:23 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I am 16months out. I have always retained water around that time of month. I STILL gain a good 5 pounds the week before and of pms. It drops off the following week and the week after, then the cycle repeats. Some of us are lucky I guess. The sleeve won't change those swings though.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

rhearob
on 10/23/12 11:50 pm - TN

As a woman this could be just part of your natural cycle.  Im a guy - so I leave that to the ladies to advise you on.

I would tell you that I would see stalls and reversals when something would change in my life - medication changes, air travel, unusual stressors.  They would usually resolve themselves in about a week or so.

Also, my mind would usually jerk me around when I was approaching a milestone of some sort - a weight loss goal.  When I was approaching my final goal I didn't lose a pound for practically an entire month.  Once I de-stressed myself and just declared goal - bam I dropped 5 lbs without even trying to.

Look for things that have changed recently.  Try to not get yourself tied into nots.  Make sure you are getting 1/2 your body weight in lbs in ounces of water each day and just have faith.  If you are sticking to the plan, the weight will come off eventually.  These things have happened to all of us.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views