2 years ago today...

Danae T.
on 10/25/12 2:27 am
I changed my life.  I am down just over 100 lbs, had a breast reduction last December and am scheduled to get the panni removed on Nov 14th.  Am I at goal?  NO  Why?  Damn carbs!!!  And lack of self control...  It's all on me.  I still have great restriction, although, as we all hear, as you get further out you can eat a little more, especially sliders, again, damn carbs....  My low weight was 186, right after the breast reduction surgery.  I now bounce around between 193 and 196 while eating whatever I want.  Therefore, again, I know if I could quit the carbs I would be able to lose more weight easily.  In my defense I have been trying to keep my weight stable for the insurance requirements of the panni.  And, while I would like to lose up to 20 lbs or so I do not want to have to feel like I am denying myself everything that tastes good to do it.  But, a little bit of denial is good for the soul right?  Once a week or something instead of daily wouldn't be difficult, right??  I've got to try it so I'll let you know how it goes.  I am hoping to lose at least 10 lbs with the panni.  My skin still has quite a bit of fat on it at this weight so I don't think that that is unrealistic.  And then, I figure I can lose another 10 lbs getting back in shape and watching my eating after the surgery.  After all, without the panni bouncing around and slapping my thighs when I work out I figure I will get to the gym way more often and be able to run for the first time in forever. Then, if I can control the carbs, I shouldn't have any trouble staying there this time.  I never wanted to be skinny, skinny and my thighs would totally gross me out if I went any lower instead of just annoying me so I think I will be very happy in the 175 range.  We shall see...

Anyway, as always, this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.  Wish I had done it sooner, etc..

LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!!

Danae T    
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 4:17 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Sounds good! I'm sure you will lose some weight with the panni. That will probably motivate you to get to the gym like you said. As far as not eating sliders--well--maybe you'll be motivated not to do that too :-) Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views