No weight loss after 5 days? Normal yes or no?

Nancy S.
on 10/26/12 12:04 pm

Hi is it normal not to loose weight right away, ?

I figured it is but was just wanting to know your experiences/

thanks

Nancy

Don't judge a book by it's cover because your never reading the same book.

SuzyNZ
on 10/26/12 12:11 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
I'm assuming you mean 5 days post-op, in which case, yip that's normal. I was retaining fluid and full of gas for about 4-5 days and it took me the first week to lose the weight I gained during surgery. But boy it fell off the next couple of weeks!

I'm just over a 12 day stall at 6 weeks, so you just need to stick through the times the scales don't move. And measure! While I wasn't losing, I was still shrinking.

Unfortunately it doesn't happen overnight and it's a road with ups and downs

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

celticfaery
on 10/26/12 12:30 pm - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Stay off the scale for the first few weeks...

They pump you full of fluids while in the hospital.  So week 1 will be a slow week.  Week 2 you are trying to focus on hydration so you should be drinking as much fluid as you can...  you will lose a good bit this week, but it's water weight...  focus on hydration.  Week 3 will be disappointing because it's the normal stall week for everyone...  by week 4 you are a real loser.  

Your body will be all "wait wha?!?!?"  LOL!  And then realize what it's supposed to be doing and it'll start letting go of the weight.

Another suggestion is to get some keytone strips (pharmacy section - I got mine at walgreens) and test your urine for keytones.  This is how you know you are burning fat.  If you are burning fat then you are losing weight...  no matter what the scale says.

=)  Hope this helps!!

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

Nancy S.
on 10/26/12 1:28 pm
Yes ,yes ,yes,
Thank you all
I will not step on the scale anymore
Until I met with Dr. at 2 week mark .
I thank you for all the good advice.

Nancy

JoyeuxNoel
on 10/26/12 8:09 pm

Haha - they set ya straight newbie! 

We all do it, but it'll be such fun now when you wait two weeks and let your body balance everything and show you a nice big LOSS!!!

Congrats on your new best friend (tiny tummy!)!!!

"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now."      
Nancy S.
on 10/30/12 4:37 pm

Yea you guys got me, But very good advice, it will make it exciting when I go to my 2 week apt.

I think its going to be good.

Thank You

nancy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 305 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views