just over 2-1/2 yrs postop..started at 354 lbs..

Dawnie 88
on 10/30/12 2:35 am

Hello everyone! I've been absent from the site for awhile but thought I'd stop in and post to say hello, and share some pictures (as you all know i love to do!!) for those who may be new to the boards and looking for some motivation.  I know I always loved seeing before/during/after pics when I began this journey.

I had the sleeve April 16th, 2010..so I am over 2-1/2 yrs postop now.  I'm doing awesome!  I still have no hunger.  I have never had issues with acid reflux before surgery..and never have after surgery.  I had high blood pressure, sleep apnea and type 2 diabetes before surgery...none of those problems since surgery. I only spent one night in the hospital, 6 small incisions..no drain..no barium swallow..only needed pain med's twice after getting home from the hospital..I really had a very easy time!

The weeks following surgery i did allot of crying, wondering why I had done this to myself..but those feelings didn't last for long.  I am very thankful I had this surgery, my life has changed so much because of it.

Here are a few pictures for you...

5'5" tall...354 lbs to start...and a size 32 jeans and 4x tops..now a size 13 Juniors Jeans..and a large shirt

a pic of me right after surgery...and a few before surgery..and more recent pics..

I am 42 yrs old..and so very happy with my sleeve!

I was a size 32 jean..4xl shirts..now a size 13 juniors jeans..and a large shirt.
I was a size 11W shoe..now a size 9-1/2
I was a size 11 ring..now a size 8..

I still have great restriction.  I can only eat 2.5 oz of dense protein..nothing else for a meal.  If I eat cottage cheese..i still can only eat about 3/4 cup for a meal.   I can eat a **** load of popcorn though!! :)

I cannot eat and drink together or i still feel physically ill.  I can have a few sips before i eat, but I HAVE to wait at least 20 min or more after eating before i dare drink anything..or i will vomit.  My stomach still makes those annoying noises...*sigh*

I am divorced now..after almost 13 yrs of marriage.  My attitude really changed after i lost weight.  I never thought i could change so much, but i have..and I'm a much happier person now.  It's still unreal how much life has changed for me..but I am very happy with the changes...

I wish you all the best of luck!!

sleevegirl
on 10/30/12 2:38 am - Austin, TX

I was thinking about you the other day! I'm so glad you're doing well... and, as always, you're an amazing inspiration. ((HUGS))

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

MaryContrary80
on 10/30/12 2:39 am
VSG on 09/04/12

You are so inspiring!! Congratulations on all of your success! You look absolutely amazing!! :) Thanks for sharing! 

Laci M.
on 10/30/12 2:40 am
VSG on 10/09/12

You are an inspiration!!  You look amazing!!  Thank you so much for posting.  I'm 3 weeks post-op and have been a little depressed/upset lately because it doesn't seem like the weight is coming off.  You've helped make things a little better today.  Thank you!!

KittyKarin
on 10/30/12 2:43 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Oh my goodness... you look amazing!! You definitely look happier in your pictures and so much younger.  Congrats on all your success.  You should be so proud of all your hard work. 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/12 2:49 am

You are beautiful and I am so happy that you love your new life.  Congratulations on finding yourself again.  broken heart

favrow812
on 10/30/12 2:49 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12

Love it!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Marioksig
on 10/30/12 3:00 am, edited 10/30/12 3:00 am - Santa Clara, CA

Great job! You do not even look like the same person

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

mylastchance
on 10/30/12 3:10 am

I remember you....♥  I too am just about 2.5 years out.....I have some demons trying to revisit and am doing my best to shoot them down....it is so hard.  I am thankful I had this surgery and my life is so much better in so many ways.  Continued success to you and everyone who is on this journey.  For those who are just beginning...it gets better, really better and to all of us who have been here for a while...keep up the good work. 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

kimberleyann
on 10/30/12 3:15 am - Kingston, NS, Canada

Thanks for revisiting the site. It is always inspirational to hear from the Vets.  The good and the bad. You look fantastic.