A question all the women with batwings...

SleevedLife
on 11/3/12 6:09 am

Dear batgirls...  how the hell do you shave??  I'm having such a hard time.  Now my pits are not only concave, but they also have shrinkles and drooping skin.  I really try to keep my pits sparkly and hair-free, but this is getting insanely hard... and painful.  I'm constantly cutting myself - which is the hurt that keeps on giving because when you put deodorant on cut skin -- YOWsers!

Damn you, pits!!! (I'm shaking my fists at my pits right now, my batwings are swinging around with enough force to give myself a concussion if I don'****ch it...)

Seriously... what are you doing to keep your pits nice despite the bat wings?   A special razor?  Waxing?  Nair?  Just say 'fuck it' and embrace the hairy pits - maybe dolling them up with braids, beads, and bows? 

(Sorry about all the swearing.  My pits hurt and it's making me cranky.)

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

novascotiadawn
on 11/3/12 6:23 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Bikini razors!! They fit right in there! Hope this helps...

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

SleevedLife
on 11/4/12 10:00 pm

OK - that's a good idea!   I'll have to look into it.

Of course, this all reminds me of that horrors that is my bikini area.  Don't worry, I won't be descriptive.  Just know... the horror....the horror...

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

NeverQuits
on 11/3/12 6:23 am

Thanks for your post, it's hysterical....and my answer is NAIR BABY NAIR!!!  Susan, NEVER QUITS

Susan    
SleevedLife
on 11/4/12 10:00 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about Nair.  I'm just a littlee worried since I have sensitive skin.  I'm a delicate flower, what can I say?

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

Feystorm
on 11/3/12 6:32 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

I hate my batwings - and my armpits.  Laser hair removal is a huge thing out here apparentlly.  I am seriously considering it.  lol

BOOBS first tho!  :P

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

SleevedLife
on 11/4/12 10:01 pm

Sounds like you have a body reconstruction project list too. ;)   I don't know much about laser removal.  I'd rather have total batwing removal.

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

Italian-Princess
on 11/3/12 6:32 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Hi Sleeved 

Thanks so much for the laughs!  This is hilarious.  Not the pain, of course..........for that I sympathize and hope you aren't in too much pain.  The deodorant DOES sting something fierce!

I just recently found I have "wells" where my pits used to be.  I guess I even had fat pits   I have found that using "Daisy" razors no longer work for me -- those snags and cuts HURT.  I use a Schick Intuition now and it seems to do a better job of defuzzing.  So does my Lady Remington shower safe power razor.

Been thinking about maybe getting one of those No No things or a Tria home laser hair removal zapper.

Not quite ready to embrace hairy pits......though I like your ideas about bows!

Don't feel bad about your batwings -- once the rest of the fat is gone, mine are going to scrape the floor!

Good luck.......if you find something that works, please share it. 

Ree

SleevedLife
on 11/4/12 10:05 pm

Thanks for your suggestions!

You know, the batwings are a good problem to have.  I'll take the deflated flappity things over the inflated arm floats I used to have there.  It's probably impossible to lose 140 pounds without some battle wounds... I'll take them.  And hopefully someday a plastic surgery can minimize the deflated look a bit. 

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

MuttLover
on 11/3/12 7:01 am
VSG on 11/14/12

I am soooo sorry to laugh at your expense -- but I snorted out loud!  I have a vision of my future (I will kindly not visualize you in this situation --that seems a little creepy!  LOL!) -- and I can see myself in the shower, trying to shave, getting slapped in the face with a batwing, stumbling, hitting my head on the tile, and my husband finding my unconscious naked body -- calling the EMTs, and finding myself coming to in the ER trying to explain that I'd been assaulted by own batwings!

I thought those bikini razors looked promising.  I've had laser hair removal on my face, and I'm not sure I'd want pits zapped!  But lots of people do it.

Take care -- and let us know what approach ends up working!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views