Really !?!

AzureAurora
on 11/6/12 10:57 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

Since I have been in Peru I have been volunteering at an international cafe. I love that I get to meet people from all over the world including other volunteers. The cafe is set up like a mission and all the proceeds from the cafe go to support local charities, luv that to.

A new volunteer arrived the other day and during the course of the conversation I shared that I had a barbaric surgery... I don't know what I weigh as I haven't seen a scale in three months but I do know how many inches I have lost and that the clothes I brought with me are too big, I am guessing I am down 120lbs.... Then he said "I have a hard time picturing you fat."   WOW, I still see myself as fat and having rolls. BUT it is nice to know that the new people I meet on a daily basis see me differently than I see myself. 

Cant wait till I get back to Canada in two weeks and see what my real numbers are and have my blood work done to see how I have done while being out of the country for so long. 

Highest 310 Start W 299 Surgery W 279 Current Weight 166.5 lbs      

acbbrown
on 11/6/12 11:25 am - Granada Hills, CA

I sure hope you didnt have a barbaric surgery!!!  Even though days like today when I want to eat and I can't....it feels kind of barbaric!!

Glad you are enjoying your travels!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

AzureAurora
on 11/6/12 12:09 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
OMG LOL!!!
Darn you auto correct. No barbaric surgery done...just the bariatric VSG

Highest 310 Start W 299 Surgery W 279 Current Weight 166.5 lbs      

maeya321
on 11/6/12 6:54 pm
VSG on 07/05/12

Barbaric! LOL 

I got the same thing recently - I'm only down about 75lbs but I've been told the same thing recently. It's a really nice NSV - to be told that someone can't picture you fat.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm smaller now than I've been since I was about 22. My scale has never been so low! 

MuttLover
on 11/6/12 8:36 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Congrats on your great success and on the work that you are doing in Peru!

I am still laughing about barbaric surgery!

ParisGirl
on 11/6/12 9:14 pm
VSG on 04/25/13

Perhaps if the surgery were performed in the 12th century it might be barbaric.  LOL! 

So glad you're doing so well and enjoying your time abroad. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views