Getting back to normal, but about to be hit with another storm!

tripmom02
on 11/6/12 7:45 am - NJ

We finally have power back and we actually where able to have Halloween for the kids yesterday after it had to be canceled for the storm. We had some damage, but we are so lucky compared to the people just 10/15 miles away who lost everything. Our coast line will never be the same, we lost so much, so many places that hold some fantastic memories for me, my family and friends and so many people are not going to be able to stay in the area because it's going to be impossible for them to rebuild. I am broken hearted over how many friends that are going to have to leave the area after literally losing everything.

We have some mandatory evacs going on for some friends as we prepare for the second storm that is going to hit us, with everything just kind of being patched with bandaids we could lose our power/heat again, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that it won't be as bad as they are saying and that we will keep our power on!

Anyway, just keep the people of the Jersey Shore in your thoughts and prayers, there is much to be done. Jersey Strong!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

mmc1020
on 11/6/12 7:59 am - NJ
VSG on 10/22/12

I hear ya.  I am also in NJ and can't believe here we go again.  The shore is going to get battered with winds and rain.  Where I am I just heard we could possibly be getting 2-4 inches of snow. 

You said it so well "Jersey STRONG!"

tripmom02
on 11/6/12 8:17 am - NJ
Yeah and my hubs works for the DOT when it snows, so my worry is they will call him out and we will lose power again!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

mmc1020
on 11/6/12 8:23 am - NJ
VSG on 10/22/12

My fingers are crossed this storm turns out to sea and misses us totally.  I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. 

Italian-Princess
on 11/6/12 8:24 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Keeping you and yours in thoughts and prayers. 

My younger son, daughter-in-law and future grandson live in MD -- they were spared for the most part, but another storm so soon........never know what's in store.

Be safe...........and good luck

Ree

slimpickins5280
on 11/6/12 8:34 am - CO

Sending positive thought and prayers your way.

Take care.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

cmenke88
on 11/6/12 8:35 am - NJ

im soooo OVER this weather!

we got our power back on friday i think and our cable back on sunday (just in time for the Giants game ). i just found out we lost cable again (idk if this has happened to any one else though). AND ive been out of my full time job since October 26th and just returned to my part time job tonight.

granted all of this deff stinks i cant even imagine what the people at the shore are going through. they have lost everything and i wish i could go down there and help out but i never know when i will get power back at my full time job. but my friends and i are donating things like clothes, old toys, old cell phones, anything that we think might help.

i hope for anyone that wa**** by sandy is doing ok and hopefully wont get hit as hard with this next storm coming up.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels   

ParisGirl
on 11/6/12 8:47 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Hoping you'll be safe and surrounded with light.  

lucy2e
on 11/6/12 9:26 am - Laurel, MD

Thoughts and prayers are with you all.  My brother is in Union County - still no power...  Definitely praying for all of NJ and NY!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

stephanieplum
on 11/6/12 9:53 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Big Hugs!!! and prayers sent your way. 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question