My Boss has been informed.

ALIFETOLIVE
on 11/7/12 10:12 am
VSG on 12/12/12

So today my manager was due back to work. I knew she would have a very busy morning, so I scheduled a 15 min meeting with her in the late afternoon. It was easy.. I told her I had health concerns and that I will need 2 weeks off from work for a surgery that I have scheduled for 12/10/12. She was very understand. She told me that I didn't have to tell her anything. So I didn't. I believe she was genuinely concerned for my health. I have a couple of vacation days from work for tomorrow and Friday. so my manager with tell my supervisor about my leave.

Things are moving right along and smoothly..

Living4MyBabySon
on 11/7/12 3:05 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Wow, I'm glad that went better for you than you thought. That's probably a big relief. Now if I can only tell my boss. I want to take the whole 6 weeks off. I think that's why I'm so scared to tell him.. . : /
LadiWobs
on 11/8/12 2:14 am

So I was told that when it is medical you don’t have to inform your boss. Your doctor’s note will be okay. is that not true. Also if you take the whole six weeks you can use short term right

LadiWobs
on 11/8/12 2:17 am

So I was told that when it is medical you don’t have to inform your boss. Your doctor’s note will be okay. is that not true. Also if you take the whole six weeks you can use short term right

Hislady
on 11/8/12 5:56 am - Vancouver, WA

I think you do need to notify your boss but you don't have to tell them WHAT it is for. They need to know you will be off tho so they can have someone to cover your position. I could be wrong but that is how I've always understood it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views