Uploaded new pictures

cajunlady1958
on 11/8/12 9:23 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I got brave and uploaded some pictures. I still have a hard time seeing any change in myself but friends and other people see a difference. I can see a difference when I try on clothes but not in pictures. Guess that will fix itself later on.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Mom4Jazz
on 11/8/12 9:38 pm

To me the difference is huge. Congratulations!

Can I give you a tip on why you may not be seeing the difference? I think we have a tendency to judge our weight by our problem area, which is generally the place we lose last. For example: I had huge legs overall and especially huge calves (I was in size 8 boot cut jeans before I could finally stop wearing wide-calf boots!). When I was looking at myself for weight loss or comparing myself to others, the first thing I looked at was the calves.

Try to force yourself to focus on the whole picture, not just the parts of your body you're most conscious of. The loss even there will start to be obvious to you soon, but it's not the whole you!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

cajunlady1958
on 11/8/12 10:49 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Thank you. I do tend to look at my biggest part all the time. Overall I do feel better than I have in a long time. You have a lot to be proud of too, your weight loss is awesome.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Faye56
on 11/8/12 10:51 pm
VSG on 07/19/11 with

I can tell a big difference!! Congrats for doing so well.

BTW...Great smile before and after!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views