70 pounds down!

Christine45
on 11/16/12 4:25 am

I am 5 months out and 70 pounds down from my highest weight, right before surgery.  Yesterday I was stopped in the restroom by some mom's of my son's friends.  They were asking me how I was loosing weight and I told them that I had a sleeve done.  One of the other moms was asking for information and I told her what I knew and gave her the name of my doctor.  She said that she has been thinking about it but never knew anyone that had done the surgery.  It was odd being stopped int eh restroom but I am glad that I got to give some information to someone who needed it.

I still have a way to go to meet my goal of 160 but I have passed the half way mark and I am really excited about that!

Cindi A.
on 11/16/12 4:43 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12
I think as the word gets out about this surgery it will eventually become more popular than lapband and bypass. I also think so many post-op VSGers are proving the medical community wrong on their belief that you can't lose as much on VSG. Good for you for being willing to share with them. I know lots of people do not feel comfortable saying they lost weight via WLS.

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Christine45
on 11/16/12 6:52 am

I agree, one of the other moms told me that she knew someone and they told people that they lost weight from a "special diet" but she knew she had wls.  I was glad to be able to answer the questions that the other mom had.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views