Just sleeved on the 13th and need advice/help please!!!

tara3103
on 11/18/12 6:32 am
VSG on 11/13/12

I was just sleeved on the 13th and was discharged home on the 14th.  I was completly out of it for a few days.  I had a reaction to the anesthisia and pain meds.  I had vomiting and dizziness....hard to keep anything down.  On Friday I started to feel better and walked a bit more but still having a hard time getting all liquid and protein in.  Saturday was a little better and I walked around the block but by mid afternoon I was so dizzy I couldn't even sit up.  I took a shower last night with the help of my husband and almost passed out....he had to basically carry me to my bed and I still had soap in my hair. Based on comments from my surgeon, I feel like I should be much futher along by now.  I thought most people are up walking with no issues, dizziness or nausea by now.  Is this normal or an I expecting too much???  I just want to make sure I'm not being a big baby (which I don't feel like, I take pain pretty well) or am I trying to push too far?  Thanks for any help or advice!!

OneHotMomma-Caryn
on 11/18/12 6:58 am

I think you need to take it easy.  Maybe you are trying to do things too fast.  Relax and let your body heal.  If you are still not able to keep anything down you should notify your doctor ASAP.  My heart goes out to you while you are struggling through the process right now.  Call your doctor, relax and everything will fall in place.

Hope you feel better.

Caryn

SW: 257 LBS    CW: 205 LBS   GW: 140 LBS    

boomercd
on 11/18/12 7:01 am - OH
the first week was hard for me, it was like being on the worst diet of my life my body was use to all the calories. it took me a while to level out, I remember asking my husband what he had allowed me to do to myself, make SURE you get your fluids in right now and as much of the protein you can and walk walk walk. remember you had major surgery and everyone is different, we all heal differently, are you on bp meds? they probally will need to be adjusted at some point if you are, that being said if anything concerns you it should concern your dr, when in question a quick call can ease your mind, Good luck to you I hope you have a speedy recovery, you'll be feeling like your old self soon, hang in there it really does get better........hugs, Connie

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

tara3103
on 11/18/12 7:06 am
VSG on 11/13/12
Thanks for the advice. I'm not on any meds...I know I'm not getting all my fluids. I have always had trouble keeping hydrated. I have been able to keep food down since yesterday afternoon and had more liquids today than before. I guess I didn't anticipate being this tired and dizzy. I may be fat but was never lazy! I anticipated going back to work after a week and based on my feeling now, I'm thinking it will be longer.
Christine Heusinger
on 11/18/12 7:34 am - GA

Call your doctor first thing in the morning. He might want  you in the ER to get liquids. Being dizzy could certainly mean  dehydration and that is very dangerous.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

MuttLover
on 11/18/12 7:56 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Please check with your doc.  Pain meds and anesthesia made me sick as well, so as soon as they were out of my system, I did much better.  I skipped the protein for the first couple of days because it just made be sick as well.  

I just focused on staying hydrated -- and it sounds like you may be dehydrated -- so call!  Keep us posted!

vsgwife
on 11/18/12 8:36 am
VSG on 11/05/12

My husband was sleeved on the 5th.  Did you say you are off the pain meds?  The percocet made my husband have dizzy spells and get light headed.  Once he stopped that , those symptoms went away.  However, when he showers in the morning, it takes everything out of him.  He has to sit on the bed for a little while to get his wits about him.  It is a major event every morning.  So, just hang in there.  Things will get easier and better :)

Hugs,

Kelly

HW: 327    SW:  314    CW  211    GW:  185     

tara3103
on 11/18/12 8:51 am
VSG on 11/13/12
I stopped taking pain meds the day after I was released. Every dose I took I would vomit. In the mornings I am feeling good...but by mid afternoon is when it all kicks in and I feel like I can't function. I'm not getting all 64 oz of liquid, but I'm not far off. I thought maybe I was trying to over due it and it caught up to me by the afternoon. I know they say to walk a ton, but due to the dizziness I feel like I'm not walking enough. I've done laps throughout my house and walked around the block outside. Maybe I just don't understand how far to push or if I'm not pushing enough.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views