OMG OMG OMG ... size 8 jeans :)

LISA C.
on 11/19/12 2:45 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12

I am nine months post-op.  I went shopping last night for pants because all of mine were too big.  

It's kinda funny how my brain still hasn't assimilated to the "new me."  First I picked up a size 12 jeans and a size Large sweater and off to the dressing room I go.  Too big.  So I try a size 10 jeans and a M sweater.  Still too big, and now I am jumping up and down in the dressing room like a lunatic. 

I ended up with size 8 jeans and a size SMALL sweater.  Ladies (and gents), I have never worn a small size anything!  I was so excited.  I still have about 15 pound to goal but don't know that I'll get there. I still have some flab I'd like to lose, but honestly, I'm happy with where I'm out now. 

More important than the size of my clothes is the fact that I am no longer a hermit.  I actually enjoy going out now and socializing and participating in my life instead of hiding in my house because I was too ashamed to go out and because I never could find anything to wear. 

I have had a few issues with my sleeve but only when I did something wrong (sometimes twice; I'm a slow learner)!  But I LOVE  LOVE  LOVE my sleeve and my new life.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat and wish I hadn't waited until I was 41 to do it. 

When I turned 40 I vowed to change my life.  First I had a breast reduction and then I had the sleeve (backwards, I guess, but at the time of the breast reduction I had not fully decided to take the plunge into WLS).  Now, almost two years later, I look and feel so much better about myself.   It is so wonderful to have my life back!!!! 

Thanks for letting me share :) 

mimij
on 11/19/12 2:47 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

That is awesome. I am so happy for you. Go girl!

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

PrettyEyes_41
on 11/19/12 2:51 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

WOW - and yes OMG OMG OMG! That is fantastic Lisa, I'm so happy for you. Isn't life grand now?!! I'm in a loose 12 and hoping I'll skip by the 10's and go straight to the 8's - LOL, maybe by my 55th birthday in January! I too wish I'd done this sooner but so glad that I finally did!!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

jacreasy
on 11/19/12 4:00 am
VSG on 04/23/12

angry CONGRATS. That's Awesome... I  My Sleeve is my , its my 2nd best friend! 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Shagdoll
on 11/19/12 4:00 am

Coo!!!  We are about the same size ... feels great, doesn't it?  Congrats on your NSV!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

kathyslife3
on 11/19/12 6:26 am - CA

angrywow size 8, how cool is that,,,,,,,,I cant wait to be size 12 i was looking at the jeans were so tiny, size 8 must really really tiny....good for you on your accomplishment..

ALIFETOLIVE
on 11/19/12 8:45 am
VSG on 12/12/12

AMAZING!!!! Congrats!

broken heart

Michael L.
on 11/19/12 8:25 pm - Fall River, MA
What a great post. I'm about 6 weeks out and I can't wait to jump up and down in the dressing room like a lunatic. Keep it up!!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Most Active