Thanksgiving Update

Laci M.
on 11/22/12 9:29 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Just wondering how everyone did today?

Personally, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I did NOT finish my (tiny) plate of food.  Had some turkey and gravy, a few bites of stuffing and a tiny bit of potatoes.  I had tried the stuffing as the bird came out of the oven and it was the best tasting stuffing I'd ever had!!  However, I did not go overboard and I don't feel sick!!  Plus, I had NO dessert...I didn't miss that at all.  My mom even said she was afraid I didn't eat enough.  I never thought I'd hear those words from anyone!!

Happy Turkey Day, friends!!

KnitsByMama
on 11/22/12 10:40 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

I did really good too. I was at my husband's bosses house, so not exactly a comfortable situation but, I had 1 very small slice of ham, about 5 very small bites of Mashed potatoes thinned with gravy, 3 green beans and 2 very small bites of pumpkin pie filling. I was very proud!

kathyslife3
on 11/22/12 2:00 pm - CA

I think i did ok, I put a little of everything on my plate, ate a few bites of turkey, a bite of stuffing and a few green beans some salad and mostly moved thing around my plate while everyone was talking, my families at my house a few days so deserts are everywhere...but i did n't eat any, i am send most of the fatty chips and sweets home with them.

lucy2e
on 11/22/12 9:33 pm - Laurel, MD

It sounds like you did totally awesome!

I stuck to my plan - nice pile of turkey (I skipped the gravy - far enough out that I didn't need it!) I had a small spoon of stuffing, potato, sweet potato, corn, turnips, and a tiny bit of cranberry.  It was a huge (by sleeve standards) feast - and I stopped with some on the plate once I was satisfied.  Later I did have a SMALL (very small) slice of cherry pie for dessert (I had planned it!)

I did all the dishes and cleaned the kitchen (we had 14 people - it was a HOT MESS lol) for my sister in law.  I also served everyone their pie while we watched our Redskins and I had set up the tables, set the places and all that sort of stuff and ran up and down the stair a bunch of times taking things to and from the spare fridge.  I wasn't perfect - but I am very happy with how well things went and totally enjoyed the day spent with my family!!!

Glad your day was so much better than what you feared!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Latse
on 11/22/12 11:29 pm
VSG on 06/18/12

So happy that you all stuck to your plans for the first hurdle of the Holidays!

I had pre-planned what I was going to eat all day, and stuck to it for the most part. I had planned on eating a spoonful of stuffing and mashed potato's but didn't have the room after my 3oz of turkey with gravy.  I even budgeted for a 5oz glass of wine with the family while we went through he Black Friday fliers.  I found out my new tummy doesn't like wine , really bad burning feeling in my stomach.  I also indulged in about 1/8 of a cup of pumpkin pie filling (no crust).  All while managing to stay under calorie/carb goals and hit my protein for the day.

The best part of the day was seeing my brother-in-law, who hasn't seen me in 4 months, I got a lot of WOWs, and OMGs and 2 big hugs!!!

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

PrettyEyes_41
on 11/22/12 11:43 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
VerucaSallt
on 11/23/12 12:28 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

OMG key lime pie... my absolute favorite

VerucaSallt
on 11/23/12 12:27 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

I had to force myself to eat turkey.  My most favorite dish I make is broccoli with cheese sauce,  I had one lousy floret :(  I skipped the gravy and had a bite of everything else.  The rest of the day it was just protein shakes and tasting (of course!)

Laci M.
on 11/23/12 2:11 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Sounds like we all did really well.  Good for us!!  

I'm planning on having some stuffing for dinner tonight, too.  I wasn't able to eat a lot yesterday, so I'm having more tonight.  Stuffing and turkey.  That's my plan!!  

I also forgot to add that I did my new favorite "exercise"...Wii boxing.  That was my Thanksgiving day workout!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 375 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views