Favorites?

FutureHopes
on 11/20/12 10:47 am - Minneapolis, MN

My Dr suggested that i start trying different protein shakes before my surgery so i can find some that i like. Any recommendations?? I'd like to just be able to buy some at the local grocery store. What do you think of the pre-mixed ones such as slim fast and atkins?

Also she wants me to start taking a multi-vitamin and some vitamin D daily. She said they must be chewable and the gummy ones are ok. Now im wondering, will i be able to take the gummy ones when im on a liquid only diet? pos op

tanass
on 11/20/12 11:00 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

I don't know if you can, but I most definitely did. I find most pills would be WAY to huge for me to even want to attempt to swallow.

acbbrown
on 11/20/12 11:10 am - Granada Hills, CA

Any reason why you want to limit your proteins from the grocery store? The options there are okay for general adult nutrition or diets, but slim fast and atkins arent great options post WLS. There are certaintly many better options - nutritionallly. There are tons of options online. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

FutureHopes
on 11/21/12 8:39 am - Minneapolis, MN

I guess just to save some money and not have to pay for shipping

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/20/12 11:22 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I liked the Atkins shakes with 15g protein both before and after surgery. They're too high in calories for me now, but were MUCH less offensive than most immediately after surgery. I also didn't hate the Pure Protein shakes. You can get a version with 35g of protein per shake, which is a pretty decent deal.

I took 2 chewable Flintstones with iron every day for my first 3 months and was deeply grateful to switch to a prenatal gelcap after that.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Micmac2
on 11/20/12 11:26 am

I actually loved Atkins before my surgery.  And  Planned on liking them after. HOWEVER, I had a strawberry one the other day while I was out with my mom (Im 2 weeks post op).  About 10 minutes in and 2oz down I had the dumping syndrome.  I have had my gallbladder out years ago and the same thing happened and eventually it wore off and I could eat them again.  But Im not so sure If I would invest in it until after.  Best of luck!

Right now I'm sick of everything lol. One more week full of liquids.  I'm sticking to my vanilla protein and sugar free syrups. 

Revision4me
on 11/20/12 11:37 am - FL

I loved Myoplex 42gram before the surgery and now I cant tolerate the taste very well. 

AmyB1012
on 11/20/12 11:40 am

If you dont want to venture out to diff stores check amazon and the reviews there a ton of options and sometimes they are cheaper then a local store.

FutureHopes
on 11/21/12 8:18 am - Minneapolis, MN

what a great idea!!

hollirrose
on 11/20/12 12:39 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
Premier Protein is super popular around here. If I want something rtd that is what I get. They are avail at sams club or costco. It is about $16 for a box of 12.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 461 views