Really!?

chiefsgirl3
on 11/20/12 12:45 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12

So is it not bad enough my hair has thinned out?  It also feels like straw!  Ugh!!  I know, small price to pay....but man!!

Happy Girl
on 11/20/12 2:55 pm - CA
Have no fear, it will grow back

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

carebear32958
on 11/20/12 4:00 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I've noticed mine is thinning out too and I am taking hella amounts of biotin and eating as much protein I can ingest reasonably.  Ughhh, but you know what?  That freakin biotin is making my body hair grow like out of control! Go figure!  I know everyone says it will grow back but man, my hair makes me feel femanine and pretty :/  My other complaint is that I've lost so much weight my ass has literally deflated and now rests against the backs of my thighs. LOL....smh....lol, guess its better than complaining about elevate blood sugars or hypertension.  :) 

chiefsgirl3
on 11/20/12 7:56 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12

So true!  If it would just remain soft!!  Lol. And I lost my boobs before anything else!  Lol. I was quite depressed over that one. kiss

jacreasy
on 11/20/12 9:22 pm, edited 11/20/12 9:22 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

Well **** I had no boobs to begin with so now they are like deflated balloons lol I just stared taking the biotin for my hair it too has thinned out a lot never was to thick....  I say just shave it off and buy some Wigs, then my boyfriend of 18 years can sleep with someone different each night lol 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Maureen K.
on 11/20/12 9:43 pm

Try morracanoil it is expensive 40$ you can buy online just a tiny but like the size of a dime it lasts for months it totally works amazing your hair will be soft and shiny again 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Shagdoll
on 11/21/12 8:33 am

My hair is dry too.  I was also told by the gal who trimmed my hair last week to try that Moroccan Oil too.  She said it would be the only hair product I would need to keep my hair frizz-free & soft.  I am willing to try anything at this point.  Weird how pre-op I never cared if my hair was too short but ever since I have been trying to grow out my jacked up haircut from last June, I just hate it.  It's all un-even & looks terrible when I straighten it so I've had to leave it wavy/curly but it looks so dry. 

I guess I just wanna be a whiny little bish today ...

Jenn  

WWBD?  

chiefsgirl3
on 11/21/12 10:43 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12

Thanks Jenn!  My stylist, who is also one of besties, told me the morrocan oil would be too heavy for my hair. Especially since it's thinned out so much. But he did say he'd bring me something he thinks would work....so I'm crossing my fingers!  Lol. I'm glad I'm almost 6 mos out so this foolishness will start easing up and hopefully start some new hair growth with all the biotin I take!  Lol

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/12 2:19 am, edited 11/22/12 2:21 am

I have used the Moroccan Oil for a couple of years now.  (I had VSG in 2009, but am now having to consider revision to bypass as a means of treating my terrible, horrible, awful reflux.)  I love it!  Definitely soft hair.  But the price is high.  So I buy the Argan Oil knock off of Moroccan Oil at Walmart.  Works just as well and is cheaper.

My mom (who cannot do scents of any kind) uses straight olive oil.  I haven't gone that far yet!  (Just know the Argan and Moroccan oils are highly perfume-y.)

Robin

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views