How do I make it? Day 4 of ten day pre op diet. Seems like I'm counting each minute.

9540back
on 11/23/12 6:06 am
VSG on 11/30/12

How did you get through the pre op diet?devil

2012newgirl
on 11/23/12 6:54 am
VSG on 12/21/12

Take a moment, close your eyes and think to yourself, "This is the beginning of the rest of my life."  Remember all of the people who said your could not do it.  All of the people who laughed behind your back.  And think of how amazing you will feel at the end of this when you are post op.  You can do it!

Antimony40
on 11/23/12 6:55 am - VA
VSG on 12/06/12 with

I'm right there with you--on day 2 of 14...I guess just one minute at a time, knowing every minute will be worth it later!

HW 286.7--SW 264.4--CW 184.2  M1-24.8//M2-14.8//M3-7.6//M4-10.0//M5-3.8//M6-8.4//M7-6.4//M8- 4.8//M9 +1

Mike B.
on 11/23/12 6:58 am
I did not have a "pre-op diet" before WLS, all I had to do was to make sure I did not gain any weight from the doctor's consult to day of surgery. Once the date was set for surgery, I was simply motivated to start losing weight. You just need to keep reminding yourself as to why you are doing this. You may be counting the minutes, but your surgery date will be here in not time, hang in there you can do this. I'm sure you have been on diets that lasted longer than 10days, so 6 more days is not that far away. Remember, WLS is not a fix all, you will be on a diet for the rest of your life. The best thing about that is, you will have an AMAZING tool to help you along the way. You will still need to continue to make wise choices about the foods you eat. Good luck over the next 6 days, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! Keep us posted on how your WLS goes and we'll see you on the losers bench in no time.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Kim624
on 11/23/12 6:59 am - MI
I'm on day 5 of mine so I feel your pain. It's hard, especially during the Thanksgiving holiday but I just keep reading all these great posts here and it motivates me to stick with it. We've came too far to let the pre-op diet set us back. Stay focused and spend as much time here reading as possible, OH is helping me stay on track. Good luck, you will make it through it and look back and be so proud that you stuck with it.
NeverQuits
on 11/23/12 7:41 am

They told me pre-op that the purpose of the pre-op diet was to shrink my liver so it wouldn't be in the way of the surgery, as they have to use spreaders to move it out of the way, and there is a danger it can tear/damage your liver. Fatty foods swell the liver.  Anyway, I did not follow the pre-op diet though I did limit fat intake.  My niece was there for me post-op, and I had instructed her to ask the surgeon as soon as it was over if my liver was okay, so that when I came to, so to speak, though groggy, she could let me know....it was SO funny because I can still remember the anesthesia and my niece leaning over to me to say, "your liver is fine!" at which point I went back to la-la land....just sharing my experience....I also smoked pre-op, you're not supposed to do that, either, guess I wasn't that great at following rules....but I've lost 103 pounds, so it's all good....Susan, NeverQuits

Susan    
LessOfSarah
on 11/23/12 8:00 am, edited 11/23/12 4:00 pm - Burlington, Canada
VSG on 11/30/12
I feel your pain - I'm on Day 8 of 14, and I will admit that it has been getting better every day, as I get closer to the end.

I've been weighing myself daily (even though I would usually never do that), and that is definitely helping to motivate me - seeing the weight-loss, although I know that isn't the real purpose of the diet.

Mostly though, I want to do everything possible to make sure my surgery is a success, so I just think about that whenever I need to encourage myself to stick to it!

Interested in my journey? Visit my blog at http://lessofsarah.wordpress.com
9540back
on 11/23/12 8:39 am
VSG on 11/30/12

Thank you for all your kind words. I know I can do this! Day by day. This forum is so helpful, my family is supportive it they are all thin and don't really understand all the emotional hurdles. Thank you for your support!

Keywester
on 11/23/12 8:45 am
VSG on 12/05/12

I am on day 2 of 14.  So far so good... I stay as far away from the kitchen as possible!

Laura

mperal
on 11/23/12 11:12 am - IN

I was sleeved on November 14th and to be completely honest I thought I would never get over the pre-op diet. I don't know why it has such a negative impact. To me, I think it is because we are at our final destination and our lives are going to be changed and challenged. The first couple of days were hard for me but then after it was a piece of cake...okok let me say it was doable! Having surgery was the best thing ever and I feel so good. I see the weight coming off and I am so excited!

Hang in there and congrats to you for staying on the course!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views