Tomorrow I will know for sure if it is Dec 10 !

R. Pike
on 11/25/12 1:21 pm - OH
VSG on 12/10/12

Thanks to everyone who has been helping me to get a bigger picture of what is to come next.  I should probably be approved tomorrow officially.  Everyone is just waiting for the Clev. Clinic to send my Drs. at the Bariatric Care Center a release form.  Other than that it is a GO...I had a kidney transplant almost 2 years ago and they need to say it is ok...which they have said, but not done the paper work I need...sooooo frustrating !!

I have a meeting tomorrow about learning what I am to eat or I should say drink  for the next 2 weeks...my surgery date is Dec. 10...

I read a post yesterday about one of you who was a bit nervous and anxious at this point....well so am I...I know it is what I want to do, but it still sounds a little bit scary...and enormously different from what I do now...right now I have had such an urge to eat thinking I will never be able to again...I have had so much sugar I should never need another teaspoon...but I crave sugar.

My situation is that I have a brand new healthy kidney...but along with it I developed a case of diabetes that has to be controlled with insulin...by doing the vsg, they believe I can eliminate my diabetes, sleep apnea etc...and keep my kidney healthy.  I am all for it...but what a huge lifestyle change..I have only realized it by reading all your posts.  Did all of you feel that way prior to surgery??

Well it is ultimately in God's hands.  He is the one who will see me thru.

Because Of HIM...becky

Because of HIM...becky

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/25/12 2:53 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Wishing you all the best!!! You are very brave and I hope that will be rewarded with a positive outcome for you. I have a friend whose partner has kidney transplant issues and it does not sound like fun so anything you can do to keep your new kidney for a long time is worth the effort!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

R. Pike
on 11/26/12 12:29 pm - OH
VSG on 12/10/12

Thanks for your response...I have been following your posts for awhile now...I have been using this forum to learn about what life will be like...

I did get my approval today...so I will be having surgery on 12/10   If I can get thru this opti fast diet for the next 12 days...I will feel so much better about things...I am a real gagger and just dread all this stuff you have to drink...

Looks like our weights at beginning are quite similiar...how long has it been since your surgery?? 

Thanks again...becky

Because of HIM...becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 374 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views