1st messages in months

sheilapinkney
on 11/28/12 12:25 am - Calgary, Canada

Hello everyone.   It has been quite a while since I have posted anything to the forum. 

I will reintroduce myself.  My name is Sheila and I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada.  I had my VSG on July 27, 2011.  To date I have lost (from my highest recorded weight of 302) 160 lbs.  I have met and surpassed my goal of 145 pounds. 

It is surreal that I have lost more than half of myself.  I never thought it was possible.  I thought when I started this journey I would be the one person to fail and not lose anything or worse gain even more weight.  Thank God I proved myself wrong.  God has supported me and helped me through every step of the way.  God and my family.  When I say family, I also include this online forum in that group.  I have received so  much encouragement and support from the site, you truly are a wonderful group of people. 

I hope everyone have the most wonderful Holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Sheila Pinkney

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

MomofMarch
on 11/28/12 12:27 am - GA

Welcome back and congratulations!!

MuttLover
on 11/28/12 12:47 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Great work!  Congrats on finding the new you and on your great success!

Airpun79
on 11/28/12 2:13 am - Jacksonville, FL

Congrats and great job on your success! I'm trying to join you!

Take care! -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

AdeanaMarie
on 11/28/12 2:20 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Congrats on your success.  Without God, my journey would be in vain as well.  So thankful for HIS unfailing love whether I am 350 pounds or 120 pounds.  So glad you lean on HIM and have enjoyed this blessed journey.  Enjoy the blesings in the years to come as well.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

sheilapinkney
on 11/28/12 2:38 am - Calgary, Canada

Thanks everyone!  I am quite proud of myself and in AWE of all of you!

Keep up the great work.  If you ever need any advice or have questions, please feel free to contact me at my email address:

[email protected]

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views