Dr. Ortiz

Rms928
on 11/30/12 4:59 am
VSG on 03/20/13

As I am a self payer I am trying to narrow down which approach and which doctor to use for the WLS I hope to have done in a few months.  Do I spend much more money and have my VSG done here in the US or do I go to Mexico?  I spoke to a business acquaintance who had a Placation done by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana.  He said he had a wonderful experience and would recommend the doctor to me.

Has anyone out there used Dr. Ortiz?  Was it a good experience or a bad one?

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/12 5:34 am

Where do you live? If you are self pay you have plenty of options. Many people have been very happy with their surgeons in Mexico. As for the sleeve plication - not for me - ever! Research the surgeries very carefully. What you choose is what you'll need to live with. I wanted only the sleeve and am very, very happy with my choice.

CindyGuice
on 11/30/12 5:48 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12

I had lap band AND a revision from band to sleeve with Dr. Ortiz. WONDERFUL man, facility and staff!! Can not say enough great things about them. He was also named by Newsweek Mag as one of the top bariatric surgeons along with all types of other awards and achievements. He was featured on Oprah, that is how I learned of him in 2008. My dad did A LOT of research on him before he would let me take off to Mexico and have surgery ( and I was 34 at the time..lol). If you go to his site OCC.com there is a lot of information on there and one thing that impressed me is a physician in Florida I believe trusted Dr. Ortiz for his bariatric procedure, I work for a dr and know how picky they can be so I figured that was a good sign. I will also be going back to his facility in early 2013 for my plastics. Lets see what else can I tell ya??.... Facility of Excellence, Hotel recovery at the Tijuana Marriott, shuttle back and forth daily to facility, broth, water and popsicles included with room stay, to and from San Diego, across the boarder transportation, FRIENDLY staff, Dr. Ortiz his self is AWESOME!! I was on the phone with my husband the morning of my surgery and Dr. Ortiz came in and asked if he could have the phone, he spoke to my husband and assured him he would take care of me and then they had a conversation about hunting in Ga, although I don't really think Dr. Ortiz is a hunter but he wanted my husband to feel better since I was there ALONE, yep had to go alone from Ga to Tijuana and I was fine!! Anything else you wanna know feel free to msg me and I will answer any questions I can! Good luck on your journey!!!

Happy Gurl
on 11/30/12 10:39 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Not to hijack the thread, but that's a nice story Cindy.  I'm thinking about PS in Mexico, because my band and VSG were both self-paid and the coffers are leaner because of it, good to know about another group in Mexico for PS.

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

CindyGuice
on 11/30/12 10:23 pm - GA
Revision on 02/13/12

There is a link on the OCC.com website that will take you to the plastics part. Its called the Ariel Center I believe...

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views