tummy tuck experience - 1 day post op

smbergie200
on 2/7/13 10:04 pm - Naples, FL

Well I am home from the hospital. They almost would not discharge me because I couldn't pee on my own which freaked me out. It was from the anesthesia but still scary. Good news is I can pee again thank God. Unfortunately they had to catheter me to drain my bladder before being discharged which hurt like hell - I HATE those things.

I have 2 drains I have to empty every few hours and measure how much fluid is there. Its really gross and blood makes me a little queesy but Im being a good sport about it. They gave me percocet for pain which I take exactly as prescribed every 4 hours. I hat pain and don't want to deal with it so I am very proactive with my pain meds. I also have an antibiotic I have to take 4 times a day for ten days to prevent infection.

There is some awesome news though. Most people with tummy tucks have to get their abdominal muscles tighten because they separate from stretching from obesity or pregnancy. My doctor said I have Great looking abs and they did not need any tightening. He said with hard work I WILL have a nice six pack. He said all the skin was blocking my abs from showing through. That news was super exciting for me because I will heal much faster because I don't have the muscle tightening done. I cant see my tummy tuck yet as it is all bandaged up so that is a little frustrating, but next week when I see the doctor I should be able to see it. I dont have any pain where the incision is - the pain is in the abdominals - kind of a tight pain like you did tons of ab exercises, but a little worse than that. My VSG surgery actually hurt more from what I remember.  

So based on the markings when he drew on me with marker he took off quite a bit of skin. He did a Super extended tummy tuck. Love handle were take off too. He cut really low on the pubic area. I only have like an inch and a half of pubic hair now, but thats good because most of that skin was all loose and I hated it so hopefully my pubic area will be much flatter now. My penis and testicles had slight hematoma from the blood draining from my incision which is kind of gross, but its part of process I guess.

I have no regrets on choosing to get my tummy tuck and cant wait to show you guys before and after pics. Well thats all for now. Im going to take a nap and rest up. I feel weak. - Shayne

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

happyteacher
on 2/7/13 10:27 pm

It is so good to read that your recovery is doing so well.  Feel better and super cool about the flat belly now!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Vivian Prouty
on 2/7/13 10:27 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Congrats on your TT Shayne.   I had a LBL over 5  1/2 yrs ago and I didn't feel like it was all that bad either.     Hope your pleased with your results next week.    My PS didn't remove enough skin on me so I am not happy but can't afford to go do it again.    Good luck and congrats again.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

JAlston
on 2/7/13 10:42 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

Glad your feeling well Shayne! Wishing you a speedy recovery and a sexy six pack!! kiss

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

MuttLover
on 2/7/13 11:05 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Thanks for all the details!  I have a question though about the muscle tightening - did ongoing ab exercise have any effect on not needing the muscle tightening?  It sounds like the doc didn't know until he got in there that the muscle didn't need tightening -- is that correct?

Congrats on your great success, and your hot bod!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

smbergie200
on 2/8/13 3:10 am - Naples, FL
Correct - dr doesn't know untill he gets under there. I thinks its just luck. I didn't do alot of abb work or anything. My dr did say women usually need tightening to help give them an hourglass shape.

kimberleyann
on 2/7/13 11:21 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada

Congratulations, you have earned it.

Jarisaunt
on 2/8/13 12:25 am - CA
VSG on 08/21/12

Congrats on the new you.

How much did it cost?

Height: 5'5"  2 wks pre-op: -15  M1: -20  M2: -18  M3: -12  M4: -13  M5: -8 M6: -10 M7: -2 M8: -10 M9: -4 M10: 0 M11: -3 M12: -3 M13: -14 Start Wt:290 SurgWt:275 (BMI 46) Current Wt:145 (BMI 24) Goal:140 (BMI 23.3)

smbergie200
on 2/8/13 3:06 am - Naples, FL
5800 dollars in miami fl in hospital overnight.

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/13 12:57 am

Congrats! I'm glad it went well. Can't wait to see the before and after pics.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 398 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views