Please be understanding....I'm impatient with questions

tara3103
on 12/2/12 7:42 am, edited 12/2/12 7:48 am
VSG on 11/13/12

So I was sleeved on 11/13 and lost 17 lbs the first week.  I have only lost 2 lbs since.  I am having a hard time getting all the water in...I'm lucky to get in 40-45 oz.  I feel bloated all the time and like I can't drink anymore.  This has also made me constipated.  Could this be why I am not losing anything?  I'm taking in 300-400 cal a day and walking lots.  I would have thought I would see more than 2 lbs.  My doc wanted to see me lose 30 lbs the first month and I don't foresee myself losing 10 lbs in the next week to meet that goal.  Any advice??

SuzyNZ
on 12/2/12 1:41 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Just keep working on your fluids. That is the most important thing at the moment.

Your body will adjust soon enough. The weight didn't go on in a week, and its not going to come off in a week either. Just stick to plan and it will happen.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

nanarama
on 12/2/12 7:53 pm - PA
VSG on 07/09/12

Your body is going through major adjustments right now.  Everything you have said is not out of the ordinary for just a few weeks out.  It can be very helpful to not focus on how many pounds you want to lose by a certain point.  Your body will let go of the pounds when it's ready.  Just keep sipping the water as best you can ... and as slowly as you can.  Your stomach needs time to heal.  And if your plan calls for it, try some Miralax for the constipation.  That is also a very common problem post-op.

Never be afraid to ask questions.  But what has really been the biggest help to me is to read these boards until I couldn't read any more.  Go back to earlier posts from the last few days/weeks/months.   There is an enormous amount of information already on here and that really helped me especially during my pre-op and early post-op days.

Best wishes.

Feb 2012:  270
                   Day of surgery:  250.5

rarejem
on 12/2/12 11:30 pm - WA
VSG on 04/09/12

A reason why you lost so much the first week or so, is that your body was expelling the additional fluids, etc that were pumped into you at surgery and in the hospital. My doc said they added about 10lbs to me. You lose it pretty quickly. Then you'll slow down a bit. You might even stair step in your weight loss, lose a few pounds for a couple of weeks, then nothing for a week or two. During the nothing part I found my body changing clothing sizes and losing inches. Then back to losing again. 

It seems counter intuitive , but, you need to ge****er and fluids in to flush out the other fluids. There's a big long scientific reason for this. You also need them to help with the constipation issue. Find a way to flavor your water, crystal light or whatever. Protein drinks count as fluids too. Focus on getting as much in as you can and try to get to 64 oz, at 50 you're almost there. 

Also remember that everyone's body is different and we all lose at different rates. You're doing really well. Just keep the walking up and sip, sip, sip.

HW:265, GW:165  CW: 164 Goal reached in 7 months.  

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 202 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views