Frustrated with the Process!!!

Newtowngirl66
on 12/2/12 1:36 pm - Newtown, PA
VSG on 01/23/13

So I made it my full time job in November to get all my testing done.. I even went to more than the required amount of support groups to keep myself educated and encouraged. I also goon You Tube every night to listen to peoples journeys and suggestions. As far as my diet I have begun to make changes to prepare myself. It has been almost 5 weeks since I had my psych eval. and the Dr. conducting it said he needed to speak to my therapist in order to "close the loop" and send all paperwork in for my approval code. He had to wait for me to sign a HIPPA form to give permission. He has not contacted my therapist to date.. I have waited 5 weeks !! My therapist has called him, I have called him, and even the surgery and insurance coordinator have emailed and called him with no response from him.. I was given a tentative date for VSG  but they cant confirm it until this Dr. has done his part..

I am becoming frustrated and losing enthusiasm for I have done my part and now one of the professionals is holding up the process and my journey.. HELP!! 

Smiley_23
on 12/2/12 2:34 pm
VSG on 11/26/12
Try showing up and offering to hand deliver the paperwork to your surgeon's office... Better if you have "all day to wait for him"
Sleeveless
on 12/2/12 3:59 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Sheesh, five weeks is inconsiderate. If he bills you, be sure to withhold payment till he delivers! :-)

Yes, I think you could call or visit in person and explain that you really need the loop closed as it is holding up your surgery.

sheranfour
on 12/2/12 6:48 pm

I agree with the idea to be proactive. Anything worth having is worth fighting for...and Newtowngirl...THIS is worth fighting for!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
hollykim
on 12/3/12 12:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yep,a very polite but VERY LOUD visit to his office is in order. chat up every other patient IN THE ROOM WHILE YOU "WAIT" FOR YOUR EVAL BY TELLING THEM how LONG YOU HAVE WAITED

FOR HIM TO GET YOUR EVAL LETTER whoops sorry, 5 weeks!

Get back up to the counter every time a new bunch of patients signs in and tell the receptionist,again,very politely but very LOUDLY,that yes,sigh,you are still waiting in the waiting room for your eval,AFTER already waiting for 5 weeks to get it in the mail.

Go prepared to staY ALL DAY IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE A DAY OFF WORK,BUT i BET YOU WON'T BE THERE THAT LONG!  after you get your eval letter,report him to your insurance co,the insurance commissioner of your state and to any professional organizations he is affiliated with.

GL and keep us posted and for God's sake,don't let one asshole cause you to give up and lose determination. It is worth WHATEVER you have to go through@

Newtowngirl66
on 12/6/12 12:47 pm - Newtown, PA
VSG on 01/23/13

Well the psych Dr. finally came thru after many attempts from many different people. BUT.. The date that I was tentatively scheduled for was Dec. 19th and the surgery  coordinators says it is too soon now to get the approval for that date because of nutrition class, blood work, for pre op etc!!  My choices will probably be Dec 26th or 31st.. UGH!! I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel but hearing that I lost the 19th kinda rained on my parade a bit.. Still discouraged     

Kris                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views