The Power of our Minds....

nsblue
on 12/2/12 7:59 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

This article has so much truth to it.... in reality we are in control.. and how we think will determine the outcome. Being once morbidly obese my mind played alot of negative outcomes in my life. it is a battle to overcome the thoughts that kept me there. 
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/11/17/perpetual-victim-menta lity-is-doomed-to-fail/

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/2/12 8:03 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Wow... do I read your ticker right.. you went from 600 (six hundred?) pounds and lost 396 lbs???? That I think must be a world record. It is absolutely awesome. You must share pictures. I am in awe. No talk of doom to fail here nor the perpetual victim mentality. You are way ahead of any of us in the winner's circle!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

nsblue
on 12/2/12 8:16 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

Thank-you Wantmylife.

Yes my ticker is correct. I do have some pics on my profile.

You would be surprised at what goes on in my mind lol. Three months ago, having dealt an emotional time in my life, I fell into an emotional eating and depression. Having lost weight doesnt lose the mind behaviors one once had. Not only dealing with the body during weight loss, one has to deal with the mind. If a person really thinks about it..our mind and behaviors played a big role in getting us where we were. Years and years of maladaptive thoughts with core beliefs are a long time in changing. Understanding them and being mindful...and working on self is a start... it's not an over night thing ;)

To all that may be starting their journey...this subject is one that has to be addressed and worked on...  heart goes out to all in doing so because it is a hard struggle....  but we can overcome!!!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/2/12 8:25 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I went straight to your profile and looked. You are a Goddess!! I could not tell at what stage you had surgery though. How much weight had you lost before surgery and how much after? I see skin on your arms a bit but where did the rest of it go? Did you already do some plastics in stages? You totally rock. That's an understatement...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Happy Gurl
on 12/3/12 1:36 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Wow, you are AMAZING!!  I clicked over and saw your pictures, you look so good:)  I'm going to back and read your blog, but I wanted to say congrats:))

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

vsgman
on 12/3/12 8:45 pm - CT

I am so impressed with your hard work conquering your weight and getting healthy; I am very happy for you!  Truly an inspiration!!!  Also, thank you for the message link.

Best,

Bill 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views