Psych Eval today...One step closer?

Bella_Fein
on 12/5/12 5:07 am, edited 12/5/12 5:11 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

He said I'm a binge eater. My doctor said they do the psych evals to rule out a eating disorder. Will this diagnosis prevent me from having surgery? I mean really, I think most obese people have some sort of eating disorder or they wouldn't be obese, especially morbidly obese. My friend that saw the same counselor was told she was addicted to food and she was approved. I don't think this will stop my surgery, but makes me a little less confident. I think these evals are more to rule out a more severe eating disorder, severe depression or suicidal tendencies.

Any thoughts?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Christine Heusinger
on 12/5/12 6:17 am - GA

I really don't think you'll be ruled out, Bella. If anything they might want you to see either the shrink or NUT after surgery but I absolutely don't believe you'll be turned away. 

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Bella_Fein
on 12/5/12 6:28 am, edited 12/5/12 6:28 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Thanks. I don't think so either. It just put some doubt in my mid. Before I KNEW I would be approved and now I'm just "pretty sure", lol. After this surgery my deductible will be met so I have no problem with seeing a shrink or NUT afterwards. I'll be glad to. Maybe they can help me in more ways than I may even realize!

Sleeveless
on 12/5/12 9:57 am - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I also don't think this will rule you out. In fact, it might help qualify you. Good luck!

Bella_Fein
on 12/5/12 10:00 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Thank you! My doctor should have it by Friday then it will go to insurance!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views