I READY TO JOIN YOUR CLUB !!

R. Pike
on 12/5/12 12:16 pm - OH
VSG on 12/10/12

My date is 12/10...next Monday...I have been reading your forum for some time now...you are quite the encouragers...I have replied to some of you from time to time...

My story is that I had a kidney transplant in Dec. of 2010...after my transplant from my immune suppressants, I developed insulin dependent diabetes...I was told when I left the hospital, to be prepared to gain 40 to 60 pounds due to my meds and now insulin....I assured them that I WOULD NOT!!  Well I haven't but I have gained 10 and no matter what I have tried it has been impossible to lose...I was overweight to begin with...I have never had a good metabolism and now have none.

Diabetes is terrible for kidneys and I intend to keep mine...it was a gift of life from my nephew, who had just returned home from 18 months in Iraq and offered to be my donor.

I don't have a tremendous amount to lose...but I do love food...especially socially.  I also love my sweets.  So I will probably need you guys to coach me along and be my encouragers.  Thanks already for all that you guys share with each other...it really helps us newbies get a real picture of the good, the bad and the ugly.

Another thing is I dreaded the optifast 2 week diet...and ended up being so allergic to it that after 1 1/2 days they took me off of it and have had me do nothing....did any of you go to surgery never doing any kind of 2 week program ahead of time??  I have been a little nervous about that.   My surgeon did not feel I would have a very fatty liver and that I would not have any problems...what do you all think??

Thanks again...becky

Because of HIM...becky

Machelle.K
on 12/5/12 12:42 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I didn't have any requirement to diet pre-op and though there was some fat on my liver the doctor said the liver looked very good. I know this surgery will help you in your goals and it is natural to be a bit nervous. Though I’ve only post op by 1 month I have no regrets, some days I don’t always feel right but I know that will pass and I’ll soon forget about some of the small daily struggles. I think your doctor knows what he's talking about!

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

R. Pike
on 12/6/12 11:33 am - OH
VSG on 12/10/12

Thanks for the encouragement....I finished all my pre op stuff today...now I am 3 days out....I am going to do the 2 days clear liquid to be on the safe side...but you have given me much more confidence that I am not the only one with only 1 day of clear liquids...thanks....becky

Because of HIM...becky

Sasny
on 12/5/12 2:43 pm
VSG on 03/20/12

My only pre-op diet was two days clear liquids so I'd have an empty system.  Good luck!

R. Pike
on 12/6/12 11:34 am - OH
VSG on 12/10/12

That is what I am going to do....thanks so much

Because of HIM...becky

MuttLover
on 12/5/12 9:48 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

My only pre-op (besides two days of clears before surgery) was low carb -- basically and lower fat Atkins or South Beach approach -- very similar to what is expected for weight loss after surgery for my doc. 

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

R. Pike
on 12/6/12 11:35 am - OH
VSG on 12/10/12

That is what I am going to do....2 days....thanks so much...becky

Because of HIM...becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 373 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op