My heart is lighter...thank you all....

tripmom02
on 12/7/12 2:24 am - NJ

Am I fixed? Back to where I should be? No. But thanks to you guys I really feel like I finally have a handle on what is going on with me, it was easier to see the big picture once I was able to lay it out for you guys and have some feedback on it. I am back at MFP logging, I am down a half pound (not a big deal, but when you have not been out of your comfort zone in almost a year, it is!). I purged all the crap out of the house, I am back on the weight loss train.

These things don't touch my emotional issues, but being back on track and in control helps them to look a lot less overwhelming.

Thank you again for always having my back and being an amazing "family" who isn't afraid to give it to me straight and lay it out for me. You guys rock.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

MuttLover
on 12/7/12 2:29 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Glad to hear that you have made a course correction!  Wishing you success and joy during the holiday and into the new year!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/12 2:35 am

You are loved and are an awesome, inspirational person.  You are deeply appreciated and needed.  Take care of yourself, we are here for you, now and always.

Kelly-AnneH
on 12/7/12 2:41 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
As a fellow craptastic childhood survivor I'm glad things are getting back to "normal" for you. Hopefully your husband is as terrific as mine - it really helps to talk to him when I'm feeling shaky and overwhelmed.

I agree on the control bit. Being in control of SOMETHING helps me deal with the emotional baggage.

Oh - and that 1/2 pound? It IS a big deal.

Hugs,
Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

slimpickins5280
on 12/7/12 2:57 am - CO

Sometimes just getting it out makes us feel better. I know it helps me when I get it out of my brain.

*hugs*

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

tripmom02
on 12/7/12 3:11 am - NJ

Ok, that just made my freaking day!  and is now the official back ground on both my phone and computer LOL

slimpickins5280
on 12/7/12 3:24 am, edited 12/7/12 3:24 am - CO

This unicorn is extra special because it farts candy too. Candy that we can't eat. Bonus!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

tripmom02
on 12/7/12 3:35 am - NJ

The sad thing is that the fat girl in me had to stop and wonder if it coming out of the unicorns ass would REALLY stop me from eating it, it probably would but it might depend on my mood.

slimpickins5280
on 12/7/12 3:48 am - CO

I would try it. Anything that comes out of a unicorn's ass has to taste good. JMO, of course.

The fat girl in me would lift the damn tail and get pelted in the face.

Okay, I'm starting to feel guilty for posting this pic. Damn - it sucks to be addicted to food.

tripmom02
on 12/7/12 3:52 am - NJ

NO, I am SO glad you posted it, I haven't laughed this hard in a while! Sometimes you have to look that ugly old addiction in the face and just laugh at it, makes it seem a little smaller and less intimidating.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views