Sometimes you have to access your inner zen

LaughingCow
on 12/6/12 11:08 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with

When you are eating properly and you're not losing.

When you are close to goal and those last few pounds just won't go away.

When you go to a party and find yourself feeling that it's just not as fun now that you can't gorge yourself. 

When you want to celebrate something, but can't think of how to do so without the celebration centering around food.

When your feelings are hurt and you can't turn to food for comfort like you have in the past.

When another WLS patient is losing faster than you.

When you go to yoga class and can't do half of the poses while the rest of the class seems to be experts.

Seriously, sometimes you just have to reach inside and find some kind of i nner peace and try to reassure yourself that the weight will come off if you keep eating correctly, that there are other ways to celebrate and nurture yourself, that you'll get stronger and healthier if you just hang in there. I don't know where the strength comes from, but it's in there.  Just keep looking for it.

Lastly, here's a tip I learned from an Overeaters Anonymous lecture.  The lecturer was annoying and I was about to stop listening when she started talking about resisting cravings.  That's what I was struggling with at the time.  She said she'd just pray "please help me make it 5 more minutes".  That night I put off giving in to my craving for five minutes at a time until the craving passed.  I've used that strategy several other times successfully.  I hope it helps you, too.

Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
MuttLover
on 12/6/12 11:43 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Thanks!  I was just made egg bites with leftover camembert, ham and onion.  Kept 4 for later this week and froze the rest -- and I WANTED another one.  There was "room" in plan for another, but I wasn't hungry, I was just craving it (yuck, 3 weeks out and fighting my first real craving!) -- so your post was just what I needed!

I resisted the camembert egg bites -- and I know I will think of this post many, many times as I forge ahead!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Kusoreo
on 12/6/12 12:29 pm - ID
VSG on 11/19/12

Um...  Would you be kind enough to share your recipe for these egg bites you speak of?  They sound pretty awesome!  Thank you...

~Elizabeth 

5'8"  HW: 296  SW: 284  CW: 184  GW: 160

Kusoreo
on 12/6/12 12:27 pm - ID
VSG on 11/19/12

Like!

~Elizabeth 

5'8"  HW: 296  SW: 284  CW: 184  GW: 160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views