4 months out today

4seasons
on 12/13/12 12:20 am
VSG on 08/13/12

I'm down 68 pounds. Never thought I would see that. The sleeve has been good to me. No complications/problems except for the ones I make up in my mind.

I am down 68 pounds and four jean sizes and no one, and I mean "NO ONE" says a word to me. I know I have to look better. Lord knows I feel better. So why doesn't anyone say anything. And, more important, why do I care? I did this for me, right? No one else. I don't know what's wrong with me today but it just really hit me this morning. I should be happy. I normally am but today I'm feeling a little depressed. At least I will be going out with my three best friends tomorrow night for a pre-Christmas girls night out. They all know I have had surgery and are all extremely supportive. I'm sure they will pick up my spirits. But as for today, I'm going to remember why I did all of this in the first place.

Nikke2003
on 12/13/12 12:30 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats on the loss!!

I know that I rarely say anything to people when I have seen them lose weight. Mostly, I'm afraid that it might be something they don't want to draw attention to because I know that I AM that way.  It draws a lot of attention to you and then I know if I start to go back up it becomes embarrassing.

Maybe they're afraid to bring it up? Or maybe they just see you every day and it's not clicking. I know this happened to me years ago when I was losing a lot of weight... nobody said much until BAM people started making all kinds comments about it. Almost as if it just HIT them on the side of the head that I was much smaller LOL

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

angiagee
on 12/13/12 12:31 am
VSG on 09/11/12

I understand completely.

You are doing awesome and you should be very proud of yourself and I dont know why we as people care what others think.. but gosh darn it.. we want to hear good job once in a while.

I find that I dont post things on here that often either because I feel the same way about this forum as I do those around me. I post something and want feedback or want to hear anything at all and maybe 1-3 people will say something.. so I dont bother much at all.

So I want to tell you that I think you are rocking this and some may be intimatated on the new you and that may be why they dont say anything.

I have lost 78.1lbs so far and I know I have alot more to go however i KNOW that people can tell. So I understand the frustration.
I hope things get better and you just keep trucking along. I am routing for you!!!

angiagee
on 12/13/12 12:32 am
VSG on 09/11/12

I am "rooting" for you.. (typo).. LOL

luvbskts
on 12/13/12 12:50 am

Congrats!!

I lost about 60lbs on the South Beach diet.  No one noticed.  I wanted to have a shirt made saying, "I've lost 60 freakin pounds...say something."  When I hit the 70lb mark, everyone made comments.  I think people noticed because I started wearing smaller clothes.  Up until that, I was wearing my old baggy clothes.

Keep up the good work!

ravenbrown
on 12/13/12 12:53 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Congrats on the loss!  I don't think people comment because it isn't "proper." I ALWAYS comment when I think people look they are losing weight, but I'm not known for doing things in a proper way.  I think there's always the subtext that you "needed" to lose weight or that you look great now, but you looked awful then, etc.  Try not to let it bother you.  I'm sure you look wonderful, and I bet you generally feel even better.  You're rocking this :)

Shagdoll
on 12/13/12 1:13 am

Well, I've got a few choice words for you ... YOU ARE ROCKIN' THAT SLEEVE!!!!

So go have some fun tomorrow night with your girlfriends because you deserve it!!!!

Keep up the fantastic progress!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

ALAN J.
on 12/13/12 1:31 am
Great job! Congrats!

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

maddiesun
on 12/13/12 1:37 am

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! Holy mac almost 70lbs that is wonderful!

From my experience, sometimes people are scared to say something because they think they'll offend you or it will come out the wrong way and you wont take it how they mean.

When anyone loses a few pounds, or I see them dieting I always compliment them and/or encourage them. I learned my lesson when I complimented someone once at work, and they reported it to HR. Their feelings were hurt and they didn't want anyone commenting on something so personal and private. I felt bad that I made them feel bad instead of good, also the HR director was a friend of mine so she gave me some tips on perception. What I'm thinking in my head "wow she looks good" maybe interpreted as "What i wasn't looking good before?"

Next, I myself am extremely conscious of my weight  but don't mind encouragement especially when I'm proud of accomplishing major weight goals. That only comes when I myself open up about what I'm doing and how I'm doing it​. I notice my weight is the elephant in the room no one will talk about. Once I mention something or open up about it, people talk to me as well. That could be another reason. 

I dont know, Im rambling now, hopefully something in that garbled mess make sense ;-)

And you care because you've accomplished something major - SEVENTY freakin pounds. That is amazing! 

4seasons
on 12/13/12 3:19 am
VSG on 08/13/12

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. This is why I love this site! Every one of you and your words of wisdom was exactly what I needed to hear. No more "Debbie Downer". I'm going to celebrate every ounce and inch of loss. I feel great!

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." 

HW: 310 ~ SW: 289 ~ GW: 175
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 352 views