Anout to call it quits........Dr's office driving me nuts!

nvr2l82strt
on 12/12/12 9:05 pm - puyallup, WA
Ok.....so heres the thing....My last appt for my six mo supervised diet was on Nov 2. The insurance liasion got all the paperwork and dr documentation she needed by Nov 14. She told me approval from my ins would take 2-4 weeks...I was ok with that. I called her on 11/26 and she apologized and said she had been busy and aout of the office but would send in all the paperwork to my ins on nov 30th. I called my insurance on dec 3rd guess what nothing was received...i call them again on the 4,5,6,and 7th day and nothing. At this point i call the ins liasion again and she again apologizes and states that this is ghe busiest time of the year for them and that she would stay extra late that day go make sure my paperwork was swnt out to the insurance that same day. Now she calls me on 12/11 and tells me that my surgeon wants to talk to me and do an evaluation before ending the paperwork off to the insurance!....Can you believe this!.....Now i have to drive 2 and 1/2 hours this Friday 14th and im not sure if I'll be having the surgery before the end of this year. Also she said that the surgeon wanted to make sure that i haven't gained any weight.... But according to my nutritionist she gave me a diet plan to follow 2 weeks before my surgery, and thanks to the insurance liaison I still don't have a date for surgery, so at this point im clueless as to when to start this diet even! I'm sorry for rambling on and on about this but I'm just so frustrated this has been stretched out for a whole month......has anyone had this happen to you.....any advice on how to speed this up? Thx any input is appreciated. *srry for any typing errors I'm on my phone -Antonia

Lovin_Losing
on 12/12/12 9:13 pm

Sorry you are having such a hard time. All the hoops I had to jump through took me a year to get through, started journey January of this year and just got date for surgery January 3. All I can really suggest is continue to do what you are doing. Bug bug and bug the office until they get the job done. Praying things start to move quicker for you and you soon have your surgery date. Hang in there! kiss

vogue
on 12/12/12 9:19 pm
VSG on 08/30/12

oh do I feel your pain... my surgeon's office is the WORST!!!   Im so glad to not have to deal with his secretary anymore....  but you've gone thru the hardest part now...   Is your surgeon affiliated with a hospital??  is there someone higher up on the food chain to contact?

good luck

bigmama3
on 12/12/12 9:43 pm

Do not give up...this is worth the wait.  It took me an entire year to get approval.  I had to go through 2 appeals and an outside appeal through New York State.  You know what--i would do it again in a heartbeat and would even consider flying to Mexico if I wasn't approved.

This was the best thing that happened to me...it's worth the wait.  Keep calm and endure.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

nmrudge
on 12/12/12 10:07 pm - IL
VSG on 12/10/12

I started in March and just got the sleeve on Monday.  It does take awhile.  Not to be the barer of bad news, but at this point, I highly doubt you get a surgery date this month.  There is only a couple weeks left for the pre-op diet which would put your date in early January.  Don't give up though!  It will be worth it in the end.

Izabelle G.
on 12/12/12 10:20 pm - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12

Do not give up. It is worth it in the long run.

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

katie L.
on 12/13/12 4:04 am

I had almost the same thing happen to me. I was given a date back in June for surgery on Dec. 5  then in Nov. the doctor office call the doctor needed to see me ,the lady wouldn't tell me what it was about. So we my husband and i drove 2 hours and 15 min. to be told that they would do the sleeve when i am approved, i told him that i had a date of Dec. 5th, he acted like he didn't know what i was talking about. he went to speak with the insurance lady came back and said the could not do the surgery on the 5,  my be dec.26 if i am approved by than all this time i though i was approved and wasn't .so now i am waiting for approval and a surgery date. all this he told me my husband was there at ever appt. he talked to the dr. we were speechless . surprise my husband had requested time off from work , now with the change he's not sure he can get off, all this was explained to the doctor from the beginning. this sucks.blush

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views