The Flu

Missey J.
on 12/15/12 12:08 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with

I am 3 1/2 months post op and caught the flu. Can't keep anything down.....not even water. Any hints on anything I can do ? I have already passed out once and am getting worried.

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
swizzlequeen
on 12/15/12 2:04 pm

Missey,

I am concerned that you may be dehydrated. Passing out is not something to fool around with. This may be a medical problem that requires the attention of a qualified physician, rather than we (who do care about you) on the OH boards.

Please call your doctor right away, or go to the emergency room. Please do not delay in doing this.

Let us know how you are doing, but get this taken care of pronto!

== Swizzlequeen

Jaybee766
on 12/15/12 8:41 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with

I agree you should definitely CALL YOUR DOCTOR.  It's definitely time for that.  I have a stomach bug too and couldn't keep water down but could keep down flat diet ginger ale - well 4 ounces of it anyway.  I also used some crystal light but did get about 24 ounces in over the course of the first day (4 ounces at a time, every 5 hours or so when i woke up) but it didn't replace what left me I can tell you that.  Day 2 was better and now I'm on day 3 and gonna start sipping right now that I'm awake.  I'm 9 months post op but would call my surgeon in  a heartbeat of I passed out.  So I recommend you start there.  GOOD LUCK!  and keep us posted.

Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Laci M.
on 12/16/12 5:09 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I had the flu last week.  I barely ate anything.  All I was concerned with was getting my liquids in the best I could.  Please, call your doctor, if you can't keep anything down. 

And, try to drink as much water as you can.  Keep yourself hydrated.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views